Revenue from Google Ad-sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revenue from Google Ad-sense

Ive seen some posts in the past of people using Ad-sense and getting a pretty decent return from it. I was wondering would you care to share your experiences on how to optimize pages for visitors and increase the chances of them actually clicking on an ad!

I’ve been using Adsense for a few years now and it makes peanuts. Sometimes I wonder if its worth the bother of flashing adverts in visitors faces. I know when I’m browsing, I automatically ignore and eventually dont see adverts now, maybe this is my problem.

What I'm about to suggest is not something that I do myself, but I've seen others do it, and I didn't notice it until I read an e-book that had a section on optimizing Google ads:

In short the advice is to mix the Google text ads in with your article text, especially near other link text such as download links and page turns/junps at the bottom of the article.

Comment

So basically they will click on it by mistake, thinking its your content?

Comment

This method an all other click-jacking (adsense under image and etc.) are considered black hat methods and can get your Adsense account closed... forever.

In my opinion it is all a matter of traffic - this is what is important.

If you have thousands of visitors daily - you will have Adsense revenue.

Comment

My problem is that the ads being displayed are nothing to do with the content of the website. If the ads were actually relevant then people might actually click on them!

Comment

All ads are relevant to the visitors cache folder, cookies and previous searches. Which is even better, as if you have Ads on your Reseller website and on the sidebar the visitor sees another provider flashy ad they can easily bounce away.
            Last edited by Tom Alexander; 22-08-2013, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
              All ads are relevant to the visitors cache folder, cookies and previous searches. Which is even better, as if you have Ads on your Reseller website and on the sidebar the visitor sees another provider flashy ad they can easily bounce away.
              I agree. Contextual ads can only hurt you if you sell from your site. Contextual ads work best on forums, search engines, informational blogs, news sites and freebee sites. Otherwise you are sending your customers to someone else to buy from.

Comment

I can tell you a bit with my experience. I first tried adsense when a client of mine went bankrupt and owed me for his hosting account. I thought why not try to get some money back.? So I deleted all contact information from his website and installed adsense. This was a small site that someone else had designed and hosted but went out of business so I picked it up. The client sold commercial shelving systems. I have had the site for about 3 years now since it costs me nothing but domain name registration to host on my account here. No, I am not getting rich on this but I am getting 2 checks a year from Google for just over $100.00 each. In fact the last check was for $107.06 on June 24th. Since my total investment is less than $10 a year and I make about 20 times my investment it is not too shabby. If you would like to see it go to http://shelvingsystemsinc.com/ that will show you this rinkydink site and how I have the adsense set up.

Comment

• doneritehosting
                  doneritehosting commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is pretty slick vlasi... great way to recoup your losses.

Adsense is the best ad-network for small / startup blog/website. According to my experience, the more specific (niche) your website's topics, the more likely you will receive higher adsense earning. Eventhough there are lot of tips telling you that somehow adsense performance is highly related to ads placement, don't overlook to this. Overlooking to ads placement would guide you to wrong direction. You will be busy changing ads place and forget to maintain your website's topic, link building etc.

Comment

Working...
                X