ovz01 to ovz04 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ovz01 to ovz04 upgrade

I just made this upgrade and it was quite painless with 0 downtime... Managed services sold me on the upgrade but the extra cpu / memory resources are great too! Yup clivejo os updates along with software are performed by rsp once a week with this plan too along with site monitoring and reboots Now I dont have to babysit my vps anymore lol

edit**

Done a site speed test tools.pingdom.com/fpt and scoring 90/100 and thats with jetpack plugin enabled too. I am darn happy with this upgrade!
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 05-01-2014, 11:58 PM.

That's the beauty of a VPS!

What on earth are you running to use 2.1Ghz, 2.5GB RAM and 48GB Disk space? Are you using cPanel on it? As well as fully managed, it has ClientExec and domain reseller account for free?

Comment

Just visited your site, its emmmm..... very pink!

Comment

Yup site has pink in it wanted something different and its easy to surf in a low light room...
        I actually went for the upgrade for the included managed services clivejo the added resources are icing on the cake... some things I dont have to worry of on my end anymore rsp will take care of... its pain in the rear to reboot your vps off smartphone at work while finishing concrete for instance, concrete on hands screws a touch screen up... the os is upgraded weekly etc etc... add these services individual to ovz01 and it becomes very cost feasable just to upgrade the plan altogether..

An edit.. You also get a varnish instance, jsnode instance and memcached instance with this plan..
        Last edited by doneritehosting; 06-01-2014, 01:52 AM.

Comment

BTW clivejo, do you think rsp will ever adopt xen for vps? Been doing some reading and seems openvz runs linux only, 1 kernal runs every instance which is great for scalability and the number of vps's run on one server... yet xen uses a kernal per instance (vps) and one misbehaving account cannot take the whole server down plus xen can run multiple os's including windows... what i have read gives the impression xen is more reliable as a whole... but a pain to set up and maintain at present
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 06-01-2014, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X