An open source alternative to M$ Xchange - Kolab 3.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open source alternative to M$ Xchange - Kolab 3.2

For some time now I have been looking for an alternative to the very expensive Xchange product by M$. Some of you may or may not know that I have been testing Kolab Groupware for a few months now, and I must say it is very impressive and offers the following features:

Email

The backbone of any groupware solution. Kolab supports POP3, IMAP and SMTP.

Calendar

Organize your time effectively and effortlessly, let friends and colleagues know your schedule or just when you are busy.

Address Book
    Keep track of all your contacts and share them with others using the shared address book.

Task Management

Manage your tasks effectively. Let Kolab Groupware keep track of all your to-do lists.

Notes

Kolab gives you a place to note essential pieces of information and pass them around.

News Aggregation

Track all your important online news sources, allowing you to concentrate on reading them.

Phone sync

Keep in touch whereever you are and whenever you like. Kolab syncs all functionality to your phone or tablet.

Journal

Keep a journal that can be integrated into your calendar and shared with other people.

It also has a web-client based on the Roundcube interface, a client side application available for popular OS and also the ActiveSync so that mobile apps can access your calendars, contacts, email etc The new version includes Instant Messaging as well !! This software has great potential in my eyes and I was wondering if RSP would have a look at it, maybe install a test server and let a few resellers have a small test account to see the features in action!
    Last edited by clivejo; 14-05-2014, 07:38 PM.

I'm all for this clivejo, a business class email solution could be a huge plus for RSP's line of hosting services! +1

Comment

Something along those lines ought to be looked into. GoDaddy is now selling Microsoft Office365 plans and toward the end of the year that will be extended to their resellers as well. There is a need for cheap basic no-frills email as well as more robost business class solutions! In my opinion GD missed the bus by not staying with their legacy small scale "Workspace" email.

Comment

Been using Kolab for a few clients - it is awsome - some other osting companies strongly market 365 - mostly becuase of the application licensing structure (per user - infinite devices) .

However i would also recomend Googles Business apps - approx 4 euros per user - access to everything - customize it for the clients to run it with their website on a RSP solution and you have "everything" ..

Comment

Hi coffeebreak, I noticed you are a Ubuntu fan!! Do you run Kolab on Ubuntu server? I tried to but run into problems, using CentOS now. Are you using Kolab 3.2?

Comment

Working...
          X