Looking for a class act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a class act

Thought I would tap into the resources that be, since I know that a number of you have multiple shops, sites, interests, services, etc.

I've had the thought of starting up an online classifieds for awhile, as a way to hopefully generate a more steady, ongoing income to allow a little more breathing room on the hosting and design fronts.

My plan is something that will be focused locally. Some key features:

- can provide room to run AdSense, maybe banners, or other sellable ad space
    - run through PayPal
    - upgrade options for featured ads, bold, etc.
    - perhaps upgrade option for photo
    - ability to make free ads, specifically... if someone wants to run an ad to give something away, a recycle type approach, that they could post an ad for free
    - would be great if it was table-less, XHTML CSS, but that is probably pushing things

I'll be running it, at least for now, on my other hosting which is cPanel driven and perhaps a little more robust than RSP, so fairly unrestrictive.

Ideally something that could run fairly well out of the box and/or be easily controlled from an admin panel.... still haven't had time to develop my own PHP knowledge and skills, so not a lot of room yet for something that has to be molded to fit my needs.

Ideally something at the $100 or below mark.

I'm open to any thoughts or recs. Noah's, which is also available here, doesn't seem quite robust enough and it seems that they are not developing it much further other than custom contract work.

One that has caught my eye and has just been released with a new PHP version is world wide classifieds by worldwidecreations, which seems to offer so much and then some... in fact, the feature list alone has given me thoughts for advancements already.

Anyway, anywho, any input will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

iv used this and might use it again eventually.

Comment

hi! what you can tell me about it
      Last edited by clivejo; 19-03-2014, 02:39 PM. Reason: Spam

Comment

• clivejo
        clivejo commented
        Editing a comment
        I can tell you one thing, DON'T SPAM OUR FORUM !!! :-)
    Working...
    X