Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two SSL Files Into One???

Hello,

I'm trying to use a service called StartSSL. When I make an SSL there they give me two files. One is a client certificate (.crt) and the other is a private key (.key.) I know what each does separately, but I need to map the private key to the certificate. I need it to be a full SSL certificate (.pfx). To tell the truth I can't even find out how to open a command prompt in Windows 8.1, all of the online instructions leave that part out. Thank you for any help that you can give.

Update!!! - I figured how to open the command prompt...

Comment

What are you trying to do? For SSL you need your public key and private key, both of which you have got. You only need the .pfx is you are using it with Microsoft products and to be honest they make things WAY harder than it needs to be!

In Linux we can use the openssl tool to create these files, using
      Code:
      openssl pkcs12 -export -in cert.crt -inkey cert.key -name rui -passout pass:mypassword -cert.pfx
      In Windows, press and hold the windows key and hit R, type cmd and OK. This will load a command prompt. At the command prompt run "certmgr". Import your public and private keys and then export them as a .pfx

Comment

Thank you clivejo... Buy the way, it is a Microsoft IIS Server. I haven't used one since school, but the product that I'm using needs one.

Comment

I used to be a huge fan of M$, but these days the mention of that company makes me cringe!! I can not for the life of me understand what they are thinking in Windows 8. It feels like EVERYTHING about that OS is fighting back!! Just seems so anti-productive. In my view its not progress, its like hitting a snake in snakes and ladders!! All the way back down!

Comment

Metro works good on mobile devices..... but I'll stick with osx for the desktop

Comment

Working...
            X