Need help with a WP theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with a WP theme

I am using one of the new reseller WP themes, and went to add a menu link via the "Editor" option on wordpress, editing the header file.

I wanted to add one link, which would say "Special Offers", which could contain stuff such as the free domain offers, price changes, etc.

The only thing wrong, is I cannot get it to turn to an "Active" link when on the page like the others...

If you look at my website, and go to the 'Special Offers' link, you will see what I'm talking about.

Here is the code used for the "Home" link/button:
    Code:
    <li class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page<?php if(is_home() or is_front_page()) echo $curr_menu_class;?>"><a href="<?php echo bloginfo('url');?>">Home</a></li>
    And here is the code for the "Special Deals" link/button:
    Code:
    <li class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page"><a href="http://hostingmy.net/special-offers/">Special Offers</a></li>
    Does anyone know what I would need to add to make it show as active when they are on the Special Offers page?
    Last edited by djblalock; 13-01-2013, 10:59 PM.

If its the menu bar you are talking about, you dont have to go to that much trouble!

Just create a new menu within the WP CP, and make it the default main navigation menu and its just a matter of dragging and dropping to edit your menu.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      If its the menu bar you are talking about, you dont have to go to that much trouble!

Just create a new menu within the WP CP, and make it the default main navigation menu and its just a matter of dragging and dropping to edit your menu.
      Thank you so much clivejo! I never noticed the option to set the default navigation in WP before!

Comment

No problem.

You can also override the menus in the footers (About Us, Our Control Panel and Hosting Articles) using this technique as well

Comment

djblalock, how did you enable the feedback layer (http://hostingmy.net/feedback.png) at the bottom right hand of the screen? I really like that, and haven’t seen it on my install! Did you custom make that?

Comment

djblalock, how did you enable the feedback layer (http://hostingmy.net/feedback.png) at the bottom right hand of the screen? I really like that, and haven’t seen it on my install! Did you custom make that?
            I did that custom - I had a VopIM chat on my old reseller site, and I just took the old image, edited it, and put it in the header file so it would go over the body

I'd be more than glad to send one to you, just need to know if you were talking about the one with the speech bubble or the button on my site now (I changed them a few minutes ago)

Comment

It was the speech bubble one I noticed, looks well. Is there an option to hide it?

Comment

It was the speech bubble one I noticed, looks well. Is there an option to hide it?
                No, I just did it as an image. The ZopIm chat has a hide option, but I didn't have access to the direct code to the chat bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by djblalock View Post
                  No, I just did it as an image. The ZopIm chat has a hide option, but I didn't have access to the direct code to the chat bubble.
                  Ok I at a loss I noticed the send feedback thing bottom right of your website. Is this what is being talked of?

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                    Ok I at a loss I noticed the send feedback thing bottom right of your website. Is this what is being talked of?
                    The one on there now is:

But we are talking about:

Comment

I got ya on that... very neat that one

Comment

Anyone noticed that our provided online chat support has been offline most of the weekend as it is right now?

Comment

Yeah, I have noticed it as well. And strangely enough, when it was offline everywhere else, it appeared as online in the forum for me...

Comment

well its online right now this second forum and my website but this weekend online chat has been up and down constantly... very weird.. when i posted last it was down on my site the forum and your site cuz i was looking for that bubble

Comment

It seems to go offline when someone is using it. The forum was offline earlier and I dropped into chat to let someone know and the live chat button turned red on my site.

Comment

Working...
                              X