Managing numerious websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing numerious websites

Does anyone know of a software solution to managing multiple sites?

I need something to record the site URL, login paths, passwords, db names and passwords, client details and briefs. Also be able to make notes about the site, maybe even attach zip files for like custom themes?

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
    Does anyone know of a software solution to managing multiple sites?

I need something to record the site URL, login paths, passwords, db names and passwords, client details and briefs. Also be able to make notes about the site, maybe even attach zip files for like custom themes?
    if you mean self host wordpress, then you may want to try managewp.

Comment

Some are WP, but also want to be able to record Drupal, e107, Joomla and other CMS/Store scripts and the installation details of the site.

I just find that if I go to work on the site after a period of time, I have forgotten the passwords or have misplaced the theme files on my computer. I need some way of keeping all the details for a given project/domain together in one place for management purposes.

Comment

I just made a Word document with a spreadsheet imbedded in it with the info that you want. You can make links clickable. It works for me. I use it in conjunction with a password memory app called Roboform that is a addon for your browsers.

Comment

Well I have been trying a few different solutions but the best one by far is Lass Pass. It has a browser plugin that will autofill the passwords as iads said above. The free version will probably do most peoples job, but if you want extra features for example opening your vault on a smart-phone then the Premium version is $12, a bargain in my view!!

Now I dont usually like affiliate links, but if you do like it and sign up using this link ( https://lastpass.com/f?2453716 ) you can give me a few months of free credit I’m pretty sure you will find it as useful as I have.

Comment

Thanks for the info about lastpass.
            I have saved off your link and will use it if I signup for it.
            Again thanks.

Comment

I can trust only my Excel for this job.

Comment

Only problem with Excel is I cant take it out on a job with me. Well not very easily! And with all the brute force attacks on Wordpress sites a long password is a must. I had tried making secure notes on my phone but its very hard to type in a randomly generated password of 16 characters from a smart-phone screen to keyboard!

LastPass also has a random password generator which can make strong passwords on the spot and save them to your vault.

Comment

Hmmm Im gonna check this out clivejo.. seems like a on the go solution for what i was chattin with iads about, I'm still using a txt file I have been updating since the IBM xt days.. I'll use your link if I sign up for it.

Comment

• clivejo
                    clivejo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The web version is free, just download the browser plug in and your sorted! Only need to pay for it if you want it across multiple devices. You can trial that and see if you like it.

I also use excel but I keep the file on a flash drive that I can take with me. Since my flash drive is also password protected I only have to remember that one.

Comment

Steve Gibson (GRC.com) Discusses LastPass, very interesting !!

Comment

Working...
                    X