Rsp plugin 1.4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rsp plugin 1.4.2

Yan, Rsp plugin has been updated to 1.4.2 would you happen to have a list of changes and fixes you could post to read before installation thanks

Changelog

• New order pages
    • Backend improvements
    • Improved API connectivity
    • Minor bug fixes

Comment

lol said same for 1.4.0 too. I would like to know what has been fixed before i install again

Comment

Well I bit the bullet and installed rsp plugin version 1.4.2 because I wanted to try the "clean" template. The only issue i see resolved is wordfence seems to work properly now with the order forms.

Jetpack stats still will not work. Would like to see this resolved.

Wordpress seo by yoast gives a code error upon installation for the header. (its something to do with the way rsp coded the header) Ditched it and installed 2 plugins that replaces part of the funtionality and will have to install a third one to replace full functionality. I did not test further than this.

Site pagination does not work at all in plugin 1.4.2 and the clean template using site search or browsing posts. Kinda makes posting a waste of time if visitors cant search and browse what you post. Pagination worked for browsing posts in ver 1.3.0 however did not work for site search.

Browsing archives by month only shows 1 post, no matter how many posts there are for the month. Again this makes taking the time to post content a waste. worked in ver 1.3.0

I understand that rich editing was disabled because there were problems with the html for static pages but what happened to the editor buttons for the plain text editor like for bold text and creating links? They are not there on my install anymore.

I will update as I find more issues and again, other than wordfence I am curious as to what user reported bugs have been fixed in rsp plugin 1.4.2?

You may browse the pagination issues here http://www.doneritehosting.net/categ...-hosting-news/

Last edited by doneritehosting; 17-08-2013, 03:07 PM. Reason: more information

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
          Wordpress seo by yoast gives a code error upon installation for the header. (its something to do with the way rsp coded the header) Ditched it and installed 2 plugins that replaces part of the funtionality and will have to install a third one to replace full functionality. I did not test further than this.
          I believe RSP use their own form of SEO built into the plugin. I think this is why your having problems with Yoast

Comment

I think so too and I can work around yoast even though I will have to use 3 different plugins to do it. But the other issues need to be fixed. Pagination is a set standard in any wordpress site and for those that update their sites regular you cannot live without it and practically all wordpress users employ jetpack for stats and site enhancements. I like jetpack stats because it only shows real (human) visitors and you dont have to dig through a ton of data or worry with filtering data like with other stat proggies. Its quick when u on the smartphone lol. If jetpack were a backwoods plugin it wouldnt worry me so much but its a mainstream plugin so to speak.

Comment

I haven’t seen what the problem is in Jetpack. What errors are you getting?

Comment

sent you a pm

Comment

Mr Donerite, do you know how to stop the plug-in overwriting and adding the default content. Once again it has completely overwritten my content

Comment

Clive in the wordpress backend=> rsp plugin=> pages, I just checked "do not update" on every page listed and none of my custom page content is altered when I update the plugin. However if you do a theme update, that will overwrite custom header and footer content every time which is a theme update issue.

This time I updated page content because I wanted to see what rsp had cooking for seo in the clean template

Comment

Ok Mr Donerite, Ive had a look and it seems there is a JavaScript conflict. If you go to the following page, with the nojs=1 appended it should load your dashboard.

/wp-admin/admin.php?page=stats&nojs=1

I’m not sure if the conflicting code is on the Jetpack plug-in or the RSP plug-in.

Comment

Holy something I cant say!!!! You are the man clivejo Yan this thread needs to be sticky!
                        Many thanks clivejo! I'd say the rsp plugin is the conflict as as the current version of jetpack works until you upgrade the rsp plugin to 1.4.0 or above.

Comment

• clivejo
                          clivejo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          To be fair, I think the blame is on both sides. There seems to a conflict with a lot of other plug-ins beside RSP. They all have to hook into the admin dashboard of your Wordpress site. But they aren’t playing nice about it!

I'll go along with that clive compatability is a hassle but rsp changed something between 1.3.0 and 1.40 as all versions of jetpack have worked with 1.3.0 and below

Comment

Ok I have rolled back to New evolution and updated this theme to 1.25 using plugin version 1.42. Pagination work properly for everything except site search so the pagination issue is with the clean template and the newest cloud template. Jetpack will still only work with clivejo's js fix.

@ Tom Alexander,
                          I have noticed that you have been answering posts recently. Would you be kind enough to review this thread and forward these issues to development?

Thank You...

Comment

Hello doneritehosting.

I will do that - first thing in Monday!

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X