Captcha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captcha

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the captcha not being seen on their RP WP contact us page? I did a search online and noticed people having the same problem in general (not at RP though) but having mixed results with their fixes. fyi it was being seen before initially, but not now. I have been told by RP ticket support to delete the RP cache, and deactivate the RP plugin, then re-activate the plugin. I will not be doing that as I have been making changes to the template and any updates would very likely get taken off as in a RP update. I have checked off all the RP pages so any RP updates won't affect my template, hopefully. I did not and still do not fully grasp the wordpress system and its coding but it sure is challenging to deal with. I have been backing up my WP template regularly to be safe. I have found the captcha files which are "ReallySimpleCaptcha" and noticed they were installed as part of RP plugin. I am not sure if I can just replace the existing captcha files with the new download files, or if I will just replace the message content area with another brand to fix it once and for all.

I did find a link http://wordpress.org/support/topic/r...-doesnt-appear that shows a couple of fixes but they did not work for me. Maybe the latest WP update caused it?
    Last edited by sydnac; 12-10-2013, 09:30 AM.

I believe the CAPTCHA uses another system "behind the scenes". Maybe your "Outgoing Connection" is blocking the connection to the service. Have you checked the Outgoing Connections Manager in your Control Panel. Maybe disable it for a few minutes while you check?

Comment

No problems with the captcha on my site.

Click on pages under resellers panel. Then check every page where it says "do not update" except the contact us page. You should not lose your custom content then. I will tell you that when you have a theme update you will lose your custom header and footer content every time though and its best to keep a backup of each. I do it with a plain jane text editor.

Furher note.. If you change your plan pricing or anything else of the sort from the reseller panel you will have to "delete cache and refresh account info" to reflect the changes on your reseller site.

Clicking "save changes" will revert your pages back to original rsp content if you don't have "do not update" checked under pages (sometimes with a different url) however this feature is handy if you happen to mess the formatting up on the page you are working on and wish to start from scratch again.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
        I will tell you that when you have a theme update you will lose your custom header and footer content every time though and its best to keep a backup of each.
        Make a child theme!!

Comment

Master clivejo,
          Would you post a link here to the instructions you posted for reference?

Comment

Comment

Hi, thanks - I have just saved my header and footer code in a notepad file. The rest should be ok as is. Yes, making a child theme is the way to go for WP when modifying the theme - otherwise too many headaches. I did not realize all the necessary changes needed to optimize my template. I will have to read up on the whole process as best to do it right next time.

Isn't the regular WP backups we do of the xml files enough to protect us of any mistakes, etc? My understanding is that one can upload the contents of the xml file to the WP after loading latest WP theme and it should be ok?
              as seen on main WP page ---- Your WordPress site consists of the following:
              1. WordPress Core Installation
              2. WordPress Plugins
              3. WordPress Themes
              4. Images and Files
              5. JavaScript and PHP scripts, and other code files
              6. Additional Files and Static Web Pages
              You mentioned -- Outgoing Connections Manager in Control Panel - I found the RP tab -- then Connections tab -- but no way of disabling it or turning it off.
              Last edited by sydnac; 12-10-2013, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Should be a button on the right hand panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	snap2.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	54856

Comment

I am using WP 3.61 - and assuming that you are too -- I went to WP dashboard - then clicking on RP tab then Connections tab. There are only 2 buttons there which are "save changes" and a "Delete Cache and Refresh Account Info" button on the left hand side -- no buttons at all on the right hand side or anywhere else on that page.

I am wondering if you have different setup with RP that would make that right hand panel show up on your Connections page? Maybe you have an private DNS Cluster setup -- with private nameservers etc?? Another thing - maybe you see that panel because your site is hosted at RP?
                  Last edited by sydnac; 12-10-2013, 04:05 PM.

Comment

No No, the Outgoing Connections Manager is in your HEPSIA HOSTING CONTROL PANEL. It can prevent your hosting account from connecting to outside services. It used to cause problems with the plugin, but RSP have since added it automatically as an exception.

On the home page of your Hepsia CP you should have tabs (My Domains, Email, Files, Databases, Installer, Webtools etc...) Select "Advanced >> Outgoing connections" then you will see the panel Im talking about.

Comment

I am pretty sure I do not have access to Hepsia CP -- I have my domain name hosted elsewhere (not at RP) with WP installed with cPanel and WP-Admin. From what I understand, Hepsia is not offered by my host. Now I understand why I do not see it -- I have the regular cPanel. It all makes sense.

Under my regular RP login page - at My Store tab I see the Control Panel Branding and Control Panel Upgrades which are only for branding and selling features for the customer getting hosted. I do not get a Hepsia CP for myself.

Hepsia is a proprietary web hosting Control Panel by RP.
                      Last edited by sydnac; 12-10-2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sydnac View Post
                        I am pretty sure I do not have access to Hepsia CP -- I have my domain name hosted elsewhere (not at RP) with WP installed with cPanel and WP-Admin. From what I understand, Hepsia is not offered by my host. Now I understand why I do not see it -- I have the regular cPanel. It all makes sense.

Under my regular RP login page - at My Store tab I see the Control Panel Branding and Control Panel Upgrades which are only for branding and selling features for the customer getting hosted. I do not get a Hepsia CP for myself.

Hepsia is a proprietary web hosting Control Panel by RP.
                        Could you take a few minutes and explain just exactly how your reseller site is set up? this would help clivejo out alot (me too) Also, if you have purchased a dns cluster from rsp you can get your WP reseller site setup on a free hosting plan.

Comment

Hello.

There few reasons for not working Captchas.

1 - Disabled outgoing connections.

2 - No GD enabled on the Server.

You can send me a PM with your website if it is Hosted with us and I will look into the problem, otherwise you will have to contact the company hosting your website.

BR,
                          Tom.

Comment

Yes, I think Tom has his the nail on the head with his second reason. To generate the CAPTHA image requires special software installed on the server. If the software is missing, or not where the script thinks it should be, then the image be generated and cant be displayed.

If you create and execute this script on your webserve it will tell you what GD support you have, if any :

Code:
                            <?php
                            /* Displays details of GD support on your server */

echo '<div style="margin: 10px;">';
                            echo '<p style="color: #444444; font-size: 130%;">GD is ';

if (function_exists("gd_info")) {
                                  echo '<span style="color: #00AA00; font-weight: bold;">supported</span> by your server!</p>';
                                  $gd = gd_info();

foreach ($gd as $k => $v) {
                                         echo '<div style="width: 340px; border-bottom: 1px solid #DDDDDD; padding: 2px;">';
                                         echo '<span style="float: left;width: 300px;">' . $k . '</span> ';
                                                if ($v)
                                                        echo '<span style="color: #00AA00; font-weight: bold;">Yes</span>';
                                                else
                                                        echo '<span style="color: #EE0000; font-weight: bold;">No</span>';

echo '<div style="clear:both;"><!-- --></div></div>'; }

} else {
                                    echo '<span style="color: #EE0000; font-weight: bold;">not supported</span> by your server!</p>'; }

echo '<p>by <a href="http://www.dagondesign.com">dagondesign.com</a></p>'; echo '</div>'; ?>
                            Code Source : http://www.dagondesign.com/articles/...n-your-server/
                            Last edited by clivejo; 12-10-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X