No announcement yet.

Speeding up your Wordpress site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know that i didn't respond on for modules.
    Can I some how activate this modules on hosting or not?

Comment

That would probably depend on what account you are on. If it is a shared account then I doubt you would be able to activate them, but if you are running a VPS, semi or dedicated server then you should be able to install what ever modules you require. Open a ticket in your Control Panel and RSP Support will soon let you know if it is possible or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
        Hi guys.

In order to test the website speed I prefer to use the Google Page Speed tool: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/

W3 Total Cache is a good tool, that can help optimizing and speeding up the WordPress!

Best Regards,
        Tom.
        Hi all,

I've been using Super Cache but is now changing to W3 Total Cache. Please share what settings you have had success with. When I use default js minifier, my order form does not show. When I set minifier to YUI Compressor, the order form loads.

I'm sure you guys have experiences what works. Please share. Thanks!

Comment

Continuing my last post...
          I have set Browser Cache on. But Google Speed test says it's not in effect. So I run the Compatibility check in W3, and got these results:
          • mod_deflate: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
          • mod_env: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
          • mod_expires: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
          • mod_headers: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
          • mod_mime: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
          • mod_rewrite: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)
          • mod_setenvif: Not detected (required for disk enhanced Page Cache and Browser Cache)

What can I do about these? (Seems weird that it says mod_rewrite is not detected)

Also, W3 says "YUI Compressor (JS): JAVA executable path was not found." Can the reason be that
          • Open basedir: Off
          ?
          If so, can I change that?

Comment

Continuing talking to myself...

I found out from Support that there is no YUI compressor available.

Still waiting for you to share your experience with W3 Total Cache...

Comment

maxa, I can reassure you that the mentioned modules are enabled on all of our Servers.

Let me know which website you are testing (PM is fine too)?

Best Regards,
              Tom.

Comment

Working...
              X