Order Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Form

Hi, I need to find out if anyone else is having problems with their RP WP order forms not loading properly. My site is being hosted elsewhere and not by RP - it is the Clean Style template. I am using the standard order form as per the RP manager page

I have seen the following order form error on numerous RP websites. To see an example for yourself, just put the following -- public_html/wp-content/plugins/resellerspanel/templates/order.php -- into a G**gle.com search.

When one clicks on the "buy now" button on the RP web hosting page to be taken to the payment page, the order form itself does not load at all, and there is a lot of error code on the order form page instead. This code -- Warning: file_get_contents(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 -- is seen on all of these website error pages instead of the desired order form.

From my research, I understand that this is a server administrative setting that is under the control of the web host. I also read that one needs to get this setting changed over to "=1" instead of "=0" if one wants their order forms to load properly. I also found this -- When the directive ‘allow_url_fopen’ is enabled on a server wide level, it creates a security risk for all domains hosted on that server.

There should be an alternate way of handling the order form issue here. I am using the previous version of Clean Style template and not the newer updated one just released. fyi, I have made numerous updates to the template and did not make use of proper child-parent files as I was not aware of them at the time. I have the RP pages all checked off for protection to prevent unwanted updates, and my WP site is completely backed up also.

So with all that being said, does anyone have any success with using a different order form code for the order form plugin page other than [rp_order_form]?

Have you tried replacing the fopen code and force it to use the iframe method?

PHP Code:
    <?=file_get_contents('http://'.$rp_info['store_name'].'.duoservers.com/hosting-order/?template_only=1&'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].'&remote_addr='.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].$pt.$return)?>
    <?php 
    }else{?>
    <iframe frameborder='0' style='width: 950px; height: 1200px' src='http://<?=$rp_info['store_name']?>.duoservers.com/hosting-order/?template_only=1&<?=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].$pt?>'></iframe>
    <?php }?>
    Change to

PHP Code:
    <iframe frameborder='0' style='width: 950px; height: 1200px' src='http://<?=$rp_info['store_name']?>.duoservers.com/hosting-order/?template_only=1&<?=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].$pt?>'></iframe>
    <?php }else{?>
    <?php }?>

Comment

Hi, I am not a coder so please bear with me ... do you mean substituting the above php code for the [rp_order_form] code on the order form page of RP plugin?

fyi, I do not have server admin access.

Comment

in the plugin directory "resellerpanel/templates/order.php" file, bottom of it. This file is how the plugin gets and displays the order form from duo servers. It basically gets the form from the remote site and injects it into the page.

Comment

Ok, I have found that spot to replace the code .. now do I just replace it or do I need to add anything to it - like my domain name or?

Comment

Unfortunately the forum censors certain words, so I cant provide the code for you to copy and paste. You need to copy the line which looks similar to this (your version wont be censored)

PHP Code:
            <iframe frameborder='0' style='width: 950px; height: 1200px' src='http://<?=$rp_info['store_name']?>.**********.com/hosting-order/?template_only=1&<?=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].$pt?>'></iframe>

Then paste it over (replacing it) the line which looks like this

PHP Code:
            <?=file_get_contents('http://'.$rp_info['store_name'].'.**********.com/hosting-order/?template_only=1&'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].'&remote_addr='.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'].$pt.$return)?>

The censored word is "d u o s e r v e r s . c o m" which is the RSP main server.

Comment

Hi, I tried that and I get a message on my order form page that says --
              Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.

Not sure what to do now?

Comment

Hi, clivejo,

I tried to PM you but only got a blank page.
                Last edited by sydnac; 06-12-2013, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Hi, I loaded a snippet of code onto the "resellerpanel/templates/order.php" file and the order form will work now, but it produces only the generic form with all the options on it instead of the specific web hosting option clicked on by the online customer. I will look at other options to maintain the original desired order form that shows a customized payment page that the online customer wanted to go to which highlighted a particular web hosting package.

Comment

This is what the following code is supposed to do

PHP Code:
                    /?template_only=1&<?=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].$pt?>

Its pulling the remote order form and supposed to be passing it the parameters to pre-populate the order form. Therefore, if you follow the link for a shared hosting plan it should automatically have that plan pre selected and read for you to order.

Comment

Hi clivejo,

I added the code exactly as you mentioned to the "resellerpanel/templates/order.php" file page. I do realize what the code is supposed to do. As I mentioned, that does work to get a generic order form page. What I would like is to have the specific order page load as before. There seems to be a problem with my existing RP install? I was hoping to replace some other code to get my previous order form results back. I will try to figure out a solution for this. I checked with my web host, and their answer was it was not a problem at their end causing the unexpected error message to the order form page. I do not want to re-install either WP or RP pluginas I have modified the RP content. As a side issue, the new generic order form page shows the Liquidnet info on the bottom even though I have added the script to prevent it on my order form page.

This code -- Warning: file_get_contents(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 -- was seen on all of these website error pages instead of the desired order form. From my research, I determined that it was definitely a server administrative setting that is under the control of the web host, but they said that it was not a server setting issue at their end.

The thing is, how do I figure out where the problem originates?

Comment

If enabled, allow_url_fopen allows PHP's file functions to retrieve data from remote locations such as an FTP server or web site, and could lead to code injection vulnerabilities. Typically, these code injection vulnerabilities occur from improper input filtering when passing user-provided data to PHP functions. Disabling this function will help considerably in stopping your site(s) from being compromised, as well as help thwart the unauthorized use of our servers for abusive or malicious purposes.
                        Most hosts do not need this option and disable it by default as part of their security policy. To enable it you need to edit your php.ini file and change

PHP Code:
                          allow_url_fopen 

Comment

Hi, well the issues with the error code showing up on the order form page are now fixed. My web host made a server administrative setting change for me and the form now loads as it should.

Comment

Working...
                          X