How to remove link in the footer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove link in the footer

Good day everybody. How can I remove the reseller link in the footer of the wordpress template? I' ve been searching this forum, but no luck.

Thanks, Dutchy....

Not sure exactly what you mean by this. The only link in my footer that has anything to do with the word reseller is a link to an article called Reseller Hosting. if that's what you're referring to, then I can't help you there. if it's something else, post a picture of what you want removed and either myself, donerite, clivejo (or basically whoever else sees it first, LOL), will help you figure it out.

Comment

Hello.

If this is the Reseller Hosting page, then you can simply delete it/rename it etc from the WP Admin >> Pages.

However if you want to change the menu, you will have to create a new one and place it at the footer, so it can override the existing.

This can be done through the WP Admin >> Appearances >> Menus

If you have troubles setting this up - contact us via a Ticket, or send me your WordPress Administrative details via Private Message and I will help you.

Best Regards,
      Tom.

Comment

Hey dutchy how have you been doing?... have not heard from you in awhile in the forums.. Dutchy... there are also videos on youtube that step you through creating custom menus with wordpress if it will help you out any.... Hey tom.... theres your dayview video for rsp.... creating a video for creating custom menus in wordpress, starring you! clivejo also done a good thread for creating child themes... search child theme and you will find it..

Comment

Okay guys...

Do not judge me, this is my first video EVER!

Actually I think these videos can be pretty useful...

Let me know what do you think?

Best Regards,
          Tom.

Comment

Very educational Tom... my rodeo was trial and error... I'm sure this will help new resellers customize their sites.. Thanks for taking the time to make the video Tom!!

Comment

Very nicely done, Tom! As donerite said, very educational, and I also agree that this will help many resellers who want to make a custom menu for their WP store. Thanks for taking the time to do this!
              Last edited by Nova-Host; 23-01-2014, 05:43 PM. Reason: Just NOW noticed a really easy to spot spelling error, LOL!

Comment

Well done Tom !! I agree this is a great education tool. There are times I have read several internet guides on how something works and just couldnt get it to work. But seeing it done in a video is just so much easier to communicate.

The only thing would make it better is a voice over describing what you are doing!!

Comment

• Nova-Host
                  Nova-Host commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was going to say the same thing, clivejo, but I didn't want to sound condescending or mean or anything like that, lol. But yes, a voice over explaining what you're doing would have been an excellent addition.

You have two options make custom menu for footer or edit footer.php in theme dir. Your choice what is easier for you.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                  Hey dutchy how have you been doing?... have not heard from you in awhile in the forums.. Dutchy... there are also videos on youtube that step you through creating custom menus with wordpress if it will help you out any.... Hey tom.... theres your dayview video for rsp.... creating a video for creating custom menus in wordpress, starring you! clivejo also done a good thread for creating child themes... search child theme and you will find it..
                  Hi there Mr. Donerite,

Yes it's been a while, but I'm alive and kicking! Had the flu for a few days, but I'm getting better now.
                  I saw the video of Mr. Tom, and it's very helpful. Learned a lot!!!!
                  And yes, I've read the article of Mr. Clivejo too. You guys are amazing.

I will let you all know my progress.

Thank you!!!

Dutchy

Comment

Originally posted by bandzy View Post
                    You have two options make custom menu for footer or edit footer.php in theme dir. Your choice what is easier for you.
                    Hi there,

I think I'll go for the custom menu thing.....;-)

Thanks for the hint

Dutchy

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
                      Okay guys...

Do not judge me, this is my first video EVER!

Actually I think these videos can be pretty useful...

Let me know what do you think?

Best Regards,
                      Tom.
                      Good evening Mr. Alexander,

For a first video it looks great. Wow, very nice and clear. I'm now experimenting with the menu thing.
                      I like the video!!!!

Thank you very much,

Dutchy

Comment

Keep us updated how everything works out Dutchy, I sure hope that flu goes away... I've had it twice already this winter and I'm still feeling puny from the last go around...

Comment

• Nova-Host
                          Nova-Host commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Twice just this winter? I've never had the honor of getting the flu, and never had the flu shot either, but damn, getting it twice in just a couple of months? That downright sucks. Hope you're feeling better!

• doneritehosting
                          doneritehosting commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Mid aged and working outside all the time... lol!!! There's been so much variance between warm, cold, wet and wet with cold this year in florida this winter... Thanks for the get well wishes

I worked it out from your text post before I saw the video but the video was very helpful. Thanks!

Comment

You are always welcome!

Best Regards,
                          Tom.

Comment

Working...
                          X