Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to modify the article sidebar menu

Hello,

I don't want certain hosting articles to be displayed on the sidebar menu while reading articles. So I first deleted just the page of the article in question, but the link was still displayed in the sidebar menu. When clicking on it I got a 404 error of course. So I digged up the "function rp_article_sidebar_menu" in the plugin source code and looked where it is fetching the data from. I then tried deleting the appropriate entry in the "wp options" database table. This made the links in the sidebar menu disappear, but now it is displaying some links twice, or even three times. I think the number of articles is fixed in some array and because of me deleting the database entries it is simply loading some entries multiple times.
    Screen: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uplo...3qzs52itcw.png

Any idea on how to fix that?

Best Regards,

Christopher

After looking through the php files in the plugin I would be curious to how to do this too...

Comment

Thats an excellent question, Strasser. I, as well as you and donerite, would be interested as to how to go about this.

Comment

It's not his footer menu, Tom, he specifically mentioned the sidebar. Don't know what the sidebar has to do with the footer though, if anything, lol.

Comment

Hello again.

Thanks Nova!

Mr. StrasserC, our Developers will have to look into that.

Please either open a ticket and copy/paste your post + the WordPress Administrative login details, or send me your WordPress Administrative login details as PM so I can forward the issue to our Developers.

Best Regards,
          Tom.

Comment

I am sorry, I would prefer not to provide anyone access to the site in question now, as I have done a lot of modifications for translating everything into German language. I fear that your developers might destroy some of my hard work. I am sure you guys have some installation available where you can test this. This is noting that is only appearing on my site and can be triggered on ANY installation of the RSP plugin + templates.

Comment

Hello StrasserC

I have removed some articles from the sidebar by deleting them from the Database directly.

That would be from the wp_posts table.

Please try this on your end and let me know if it works fine for you.

Best Regards,
              Tom.

Comment

Exactly this is what I have done as well and what created my issue.

Comment

Working...
                X