Wordpress Order Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress Order Form

Ok there is a (major?) issue with the wordpress signup pages.... I was registering a .US domain off my reseller site a few minutes ago. I searched the domain from the http://www.mydomain.com/cheap-domain-names/ page went to the order form fine. filled in signup information chose paypal and clicked continue and get the big red banner saying "please input a valid extra attribute" And thats it cant order anything. What does the phrase "input a valid extra attribute" to a newbie mean? There is no information of what the attribute is or for that matter even where to start looking for it. I ordered the biz tld of the domain and went back to my own order form to figure out what was going on. "please input a valid extra attribute" ended up being digging around and clicking on the check availability button then clicking whois details then modifying "Nexus Application Purpose:" and "Nexus Category:" There is no way a newbie or intermediate user will know what to do with the red banner popping up with just the info "please input a valid extra attribute" Input it where? No customer is going to wait around to figure all that out.... there are too many registrar options out there..

Gotta do something about this one and any other TLD's that require "extra attributes"

Thanks
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 18-05-2014, 08:42 PM.

Well...guess I wont be ordering domains through my store or letting anyone else order one until this is fixed...which could be forever, lol.

Comment

Nova, The order will go through fine its just a headache to figure out how to make it go.... whois info is supposed to default to signup information...

Comment

Hello,

There is no problem registering a .us TLD, however there are some rules that apply when registering such a domain and some of them are:
        • .US - to be used by U.S. citizens and residents, U.S. corporations and other U.S. organizations and organizations with a presence within the United States
        • Use only letters, numbers, or hyphen ("-")
        • Domain names cannot begin or end with a hyphen
        • Domain names must be longer than 2 characters and cannot exceed 63 characters (this does not include the extension).

Since the registration of such a domain requires the registrant to be a US citizen or residing in the US this is why these "Extra attributes" must be selected.
        • While providing Contact details for .US domain names, you would be asked to specify the Nexus information, which pertains to:
          • Application Purpose: Whether the domain name being registered is for Business use (Profit/Non-profit), Personal use, etc.
          • Nexus Category: Whether the person registering the domain name is a resident/citizen of the United States of America, or the domain name is registered for an organization based in the United States of America, or having an office or facility therein.

Once those attributes have been set the order will continue as normal and it will come through just like any regular order for a domain registration.

Best regards,
        Adrian Trend
        Resellers panel technical support department.

Comment

Hello Adrian,
          I understand that these attributes have to be recognized..... its the red notices that could be alot more informative with instuctions on how to get to the proper page to fill out these proper attributes.... The logical selection on the order form, change whois details, does not provide the "Nexus Application Purpose:" and "Nexus Category: attributes that has to be set for a .US domain name. You have to as stated above click on the domain "check availability" button ( you've already checked availability on the previous domain search page) then click whois details then you can finally modify the "Nexus Application Purpose:" and "Nexus Category" Attributes as needed. Very confusing without any informative prompts and I am not a "newbie" at ordering a domain name or hosting services. It would work out great though if you were actually searching the domain from the order form itself because you would actually click "check availability" to search the .US domain then go through every step necessary to order your domain name which shows the "Nexus Application Purpose:" and "Nexus Category:" attributes without having to dig blind for them.
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 19-05-2014, 04:56 AM.

Comment

seems a nice "THIS DOMAIN REQUIRES ADDITIONAL INFORMATION > click here" or somthing to that effect would tell folks exactly whats going on and direct them to the proper fields. it has to be easy and VERY INTUITIVE for customers.

Comment

Working...
            X