Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VPS and DEDI offerings - template behavior, is this normal? why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPS and DEDI offerings - template behavior, is this normal? why?

summary, i have had problems with order now buttons and had support do a complete reinstall and now all seems fine but i have a question on one point of functionality i think is normal, but wanted to verify, and ask why so.

On VPS and DEDI plans order page, there is a tab for "register domain" only. On shared and semi dedi there is a tab for register AND host a domain. I looked on a few other RSP reseller sites i'm familiar with and it seems to be normal

Is this indeed normal, and if so can someone explain why no "host domain" on vps and dedi? - thanks.

Good pickup on that larry and a good question.... that has slipped by me for a LONG time.... It's normal but the option should be added to the order form I would think....

Comment

Thanks for explaining Yan, I actually upgraded to vps with hespia through the control panel so never actually ordered a vps from scratch

Comment

okay, so if a dude has a domain hosted elsewhere, say, dude.com and wants to come here for a vps or a dedi to host that domain, they would have to register a new domain to open the hosting account and get access, then they would point dude.com to the VPS/Dedi? Thats cool if that's how it works, just trying to get my head around it.

Comment

I understand somewhat what you are saying..... The hostname gives you access to the server to setup services to point a domain to or host a domain. right?

Comment

From my understanding if you choose to have a VPS with Hepsia Control Panel (which makes web-hosting so much easier) you cant have a custom hostname? For the functionality of the CP the hostname has to remain the default vps123.mylogin.co. I have noticed that emails delivered to my VPS with Hepsia CP have a header saying the email came from myaccount@vps1234.mylogin.co. In an ideal world I would prefer this to read postmaster@mybrand.com or even just coming from mail.mybrand.com.

On my other self managed VPS I have the hostname set to my domain name and now have a reverse IP lookup pointing back to my branded domain, which I absolutely love!!

The main issue is the balance. If you want a simple way of hosting websites and the tools that help you deal with that then go for Hepsia CP. I really have developed a real love of the Hepsia CP and find it so easy to use and also give support for.

Basically the way I think of a VPS with Hepsia, is it acts just like a shared hosting account, only in your own self controlled container(you choose the CPU, RAM, storage etc). You then register/transfer as many domains in as you want and have the space to physically accommodate. A VPS usually performs a lot faster as well because you have guaranteed resources available (ie CPU, RAM)
            Last edited by clivejo; 07-06-2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

clivejo Click image for larger version

Name:	bow.gif
Views:	262
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	57571

Hepsia Control Panel VPS Servers are for users with less or none administration skills.

It is designed for direct work using the Control Panel.

Hepsia Control Panel based VPS Servers do not allow you root-level configuration changes and if you need to add software or modify the server-side configuration later on, beyond the php.ini, it will not be possible.

You do have full root access, but if you install or change any settings on the services running on this VPS - you might cause service failure.

Best Regards,
              Tom.
              Last edited by Tom Alexander; 08-06-2014, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Ok Tom, when are you going to add that smiley (and more) to the list on the forum... Thats cool!

@clivejo
                Hespia VPS is for people like me

@Tom software can be added to hespia VPS by request cant it?

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
                  @Tom software can be added to hespia VPS by request cant it?
                  ... all ears!

Comment

@Mr. DoneRite

"when are you going to add that smiley"
                    - 130 brand new and fresh smileys have been added just now, including the one above

"Tom software can be added to hespia VPS by request cant it? "

- In my previous comment I meant Linux software packages, like Java or Antivirus/Firewall programs.

Actually such can be installed, however when the Main Process that is managing the Hepsia Control Panel is restarted - all the changes will be reverted.

When an update is implemented restart is required.

Best Regards,
                    Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
                      Hepsia Control Panel VPS Servers are for users with less or none administration skills.
                      For people with little or no admin skills, gee whizz thanks Tom !!! I could admin a server, but thanks to the power of Hepsia CP I dont have to!! So its also for lazy people too!

Comment

Oops, sorry clivejo, I did not want to offend you or anything!

However, we cannot add "for lazy people" on the Order Page or in the TOS

Comment

as a late comer... we are thrilled with Hepsia as well.

@Tom.. how about the working "for the technically or time chanllenged" lol

Comment

Hespia is a fantastic control panel Now give it a public WHM with reseller plans like cpanel...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
                              Oops, sorry clivejo, I did not want to offend you or anything!

However, we cannot add "for lazy people" on the Order Page or in the TOS

Well, why not? It is the easy road out and I like it that way too vlasi is gonna love that smiley Tom
                              Last edited by doneritehosting; 08-06-2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X