PHP NG 5.7 Or Stable PHP 5.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP NG 5.7 Or Stable PHP 5.6

Has anyone tried either with their reseller sites? I have tried both with mine and did not work with the error "Your server is running PHP version 4.4.9 but WordPress 3.9.2 requires at least 5.2.4." I was told the current version of wordpress does not support php 5.6 or the dev edition of php 5.7 by support. Just curious of any input. My reseller sites are running on a OVZ 04 VPS with hespia control panel, not shared hosting.
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 30-08-2014, 10:39 PM.

Did you try doing a phpinfo to see what version is actually running?

Comment

5.3 clivejo

Comment

what does it say when you load 5.6?

Comment

Same error: "Your server is running PHP version 4.4.9 but WordPress 3.9.2 requires at least 5.2.4."

Comment

I mean what does phpinfo say

Comment

Actually don't know.... I know when I activate 5.6 or 5.7 both my reseller stores quit working with that error... I personally do not think 5.6 or 5.7 is installed on my vps is the problem.. RSP is saying that 5.6 is installed on every server though... It didn't work and rsp support set my php on 5.3 themselves, if any higher version were available on the vps i would have thought they would select a higher version..

Comment

I'm trying to approach this as say my last new client would approach things clivejo..... I can do a phpinfo check if you want it

Comment

There might be an issue causing it to drop back to a previous version. Running phpinfo will tell you if it is running 5.6 or not.

Comment

I'm actually curious if WP 3.92 and PHP 5.6 or phpng 5.7 is working on a shared platform on RSP hosting....

Comment

Ok I just tested it on my VPS with Hespia and its not working. Phpinfo is showing the following. There must be a bug with 5.6 causing it to downgrade.

Comment

Ok, contacted support and they have told me that both 5.6 and 5.7(dev) are currently not implemented for VPS plans.

I would like to make a suggestion that features that currently arent implemented be turned off in the CP. For example, I had a ModSecurity option in my CP for weeks before it actually was implemented. I am just concerned that a new user could totally mess up their websites by selecting PHP 5.6 or 5.7 and not understand why his/her websites aren’t working. Ive just spent an hour trying different versions before I realized it was a server issue and not something Id done!

Comment

I'll back you on that clivejo, excellent suggestion. I scratched my head for awhile too.

And I'm not a new user lol..

Comment

Hi Tom,

Why memcached and apc are not working in php 5.7-dev (phpng)?

RSP got any plan to make it works?

Thank you.

Comment

Hello wjleong.

PHP 5.7 dev version or PHPNG (next generation) is for testing purposes for now.

As soon as it is supported by most applications (CMS like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento and etc) it will be rebuild with the Memcached and APC modules.

Do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Best Regards,
                              Tom.

Comment

Working...
                              X