RSP Wordpress plugin is a dissaster!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP Wordpress plugin is a dissaster!

I just lost one week of work when the plugin descided to erase all my custom saved pages and restore them to default. All the pages that I edited is checked "Don't update". Still, the plugin has updated them.

I think it happened when I changed "Support phone" on the Connections tab and hit "Save Changes". Maybe a good place for a warning there, "Please note that all your custom work will disappear when you hit save"?

Hope restoring the backup will brind all my work back.

This was discussed back in October, see this thread - http://forum.resellerspanel.com/show...4081#post34081

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
    You should never hit the Save Changes button once you activate the resellers panel plugin as that basically resets all content.

As for the random revert I am testing it on 3 stores since I saw your post so far I haven't had re-set but will continue testing.

We are working on a flag which will mark any content changes and those pages will not be updated when for example the plugin is being updated or the theme in that matter.
    I do agree how annoying it is when you have your content all how you want it and it disappears in blink of an eye. You should try and backup your pages using the WP import/export tools. Maybe you could ask Tech Support to roll back your database to one before you clicked the save button?

Comment

Well... the wordpress templates are supported by version 3 of the reseller panel / api in beta so it is up to us resellers to submit bugs to them and yup I agree in advance its aggravating to use a product in beta but user experience and bug reports makes things more perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
        This was discussed back in October, see this thread - http://forum.resellerspanel.com/show...4081#post34081

I do agree how annoying it is when you have your content all how you want it and it disappears in blink of an eye. You should try and backup your pages using the WP import/export tools. Maybe you could ask Tech Support to roll back your database to one before you clicked the save button?
        Thanks for pointing out that thread. Even more strange though that nothing was done when this bug was known. "We are working on a flag which will mark any content changes and those pages will not be updated..."

Fortunately there was a database backup available so I got back my custom content.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post

Thanks for pointing out that thread, but even the more strange that this problem was known and noting has been done about it.

The db backup that support had was too old (about a week or older) so most of my content is still lost.

Comment

That bites the big one maxa hate to hear that, but at least you still have little, or some of it.. I have done very little customization but when I do I copy the full html of the page from wordpress and use notepad to save it locally in a text file. Some things this wont prevent.. but at least I still have my custom text from the page itself.

Comment

Working...
            X