Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems activating wordpress plugin

Afternoon all.

I seem to keep getting a fatal error everytime I try to activate the resellerpanel plugin.

I'm hosting on a VPS I rent.
    Wordpress version: 3.5.1
    Resellerpanel plugin version: 1.3.0

It's a fresh install, but get the following error when attempting to activate:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_module_open() in /var/www/vhosts/site1/wp-content/plugins/resellerspanel/lib/rp_crypt.php on line 8
    Has anyone else come across this or know what the possible problem could be.

Thanks,
    Leon.

Your php install seems to be missing mcrypt module. You need to install it and enable it. Check your phpinfo() to see it the module is loaded properly.

The plugin needs this module to establish an SSL connection to the RSP API which it uses to get prices and place orders etc.

Comment

Hi there, I am having the exact same problem. My web host has changed my nameserver settings so I have just updated my info and waiting for propagation. I just checked the "propagation checking" site and all is fine for it. Now when I try to bring my site in a browser I get a blank page and the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mcrypt_module_open() in /home/**************/public_html/wp-content/plugins/resellerspanel/lib/rp_crypt.php on line 8

Is this something I could fix at my end or is this a server setting issue?

Comment

Sounds like a server settings issue. Create a file called phpinfo.php with the following code.

PHP Code:
        <?php phpinfo(); ?>

Upload it to your web-server and view the page http://myserver.com/phpinfo.php This should give you all the modules that are loaded. The mcrypt module must be loaded in order for the plug-in to function as it needs to send your store name and password to the API via an encrypted connection. It also retrieves all your stores settings, currency, prices etc via this link.

To enable the module, you need to modify the php.ini file on the server and add

Code:
        extension=mcrypt.so

Comment

Hello.

As clivejo said, your PHP configuration is missing the mcrypt module.

If your VPS Server is hosted by us - please open a support ticket or send me your VPS Username in a private message and I will enable the module.

Otherwise you have to contact your current hosting provider to help you further.

Best Regards,
          Tom.

Comment

Working...
          X