Existing Content...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Existing Content...

When installing the WP Themes, and the plugin - does existing content (posts and pages) get overwritten ?

Hello SCMG,

When installing a WordPress store theme and the ResellersPanel plugin your existing posts and pages will not be overwritten. The plugin and the theme will simply extract their pages in their own directories which will not affect any posts or pages that you previously have created.

Note that it is a good practice to always make a backup of the content and database of your website before making any major changes, in case you are not satisfied with the result.

Best Regards,
    Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

emmm I dont mean to contradict you, but if you customise a pre-installed page and you dont check the box for the page in the setting, it will get overwritten.

In fact I've had a few incidents were the box was check and my custom content got over-written!

Best advice is to backup before doing any modifications with the RSP Plugin.

Comment

Hello clive,

Yes, what you are saying is correct. If you have a WordPress based store and you customise the pages of your store theme/plugin and you update the plugin afterwards, without marking the pages to not be updated, the custom content will be lost.

However if you have a WordPress website with your own custom pages and you decide to setup this WordPress application as a store using our theme and plugin, when you install them
        your existing pages and posts will not be overwritten.

Best Regards,
        Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Thank you for the details gentlemen... !!! Now - next question:

Do any of the themes that are currently available, conform to responsive design "standards" ?

Comment

Working...
          X