Chat support function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat support function

Ok Especially today I have noticed chat support is offline alot. I have also been advised by a trustworthy (Very reputable) forum member that when rsp chat support is actively occupied in a chat, the chat banner on other reseller sites will show offline. If the code is setup to call a offline banner when a rsp rep is busy in chat, how can I modify the code to show a "busy in chat banner" rather than just "chat is offline"? Busy in chat at least shows that there is an operator on duty when they are supposed to be. Yan please forward this issue to the WP developers...

The image displayed is based on a PHP call to rp_support_img(). If you really wanted you could modify this code to check provide support website if chat is available and compare it to the open hours. If the chat is offline and its within the support hours then you can display a busy image instead of offline image.
    Last edited by clivejo; 27-04-2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Clivejo,
      Treat an old man like he is stupid.. (i am) do you have a working example? Pm or email it to me please with directions how to implement it

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
        Clivejo,
        Treat an old man like he is stupid.. (i am) do you have a working example? Pm or email it to me please with directions how to implement it
        Don't PM or Email, please share it here, so that more people can benefit from it.

Comment

Sorry, dont have the time to sit and look at this properly. My first thoughts was to write a PHP script but that appears to be difficult as the button is powered by Javascript. Therefore the programming logic would have to be done client side via Javascript

Comment

No problem clivejo and thanks for your insights. I figured it was going to be complicated after looking at it. Maybe Yan will jump in and forward this to development if he thinks this is a worthwhile marketing improvement.

Comment

Working...
            X