Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommending an expert and Question on accepting payment

Dear friend
    I was away for many months.Now I am thinking of building and promoting a store actively.In this condition-

what are the ways of accepting payment so that customers don't know- they are buying from a reseller?

May you suggest an expert who may build a reseller store for me at an affordable rate?

I saw that their wordpress themes are already nice,do you recommend to customize?

Thanks

There are any number of options in taking payments, it all depends on how you decide to operate. For example, if you prefer face to face dealings with your clients then you can accept cash from them and then order the package for them at wholesale price. Topping up your wallet can get you some attractive discounts. Some people like using Paypal and others will be using the API to do the payments themselves and then automatically set-up the packages using the API. There are advantages and disadvantages to all methods. Doing your own billing by accepting credit cards opens you up to fraud and the dreaded "charge backs", but enables you to sign up more potential clients. I would also think that the country in which you operate would play a huge role as well.

May you suggest an expert who may build a reseller store for me at an affordable rate?
    I dont mean to be rude or dismissive, but if you have difficulty with building a store, are you sure you want to get into the hosting business? Being a reseller does require you to have some technical knowledge and to be honest its not a 'get rich fast scheme' like people like to think!

I saw that their wordpress themes are already nice,do you recommend to customize?
    Yes, I would recommend them. The Wordpress themes and plug-ins are great for customising and establishing your own brand. It makes the whole process of setting up and managing a store very simple indeed. However, you will still need a good understanding of HTML and CSS to create your store the way you want it.

Comment

Thanks for your informative reply.I will mainly sell locally.
      I don't have enough tech. skill,you are right .
      In fact,I will appoint a local friend who has good tech. skill.I just wanted to give him a surprise desging the store with my own effort.I will do the online and offline marketing.

If I use the reseller panel payment system for the online sales,may it have any bad affect according to you?

Does RP provide any support to our clients?I mean keeping an option of dual support may be beneficial for the clients if it is possible and They can either contact us/RP for support.

I can set up the ready made things given by RP.I have one- dearbusiness.net
      I have not marketed it well yet,will do soon

I am thinking of changing the domain with a new one which is businessflat.com

Another question-
      To use the DNS Cluster Package,is it essential to transfer the domain here with?

I am sorry to have asked so many questions together

Thanks
      Monsur

Comment

Be nice clivejo I didnt know jack squat bout hosting, billing, whmcs when i joined 2004 and I still do not have any developers skills... everyone starts somewhere, I did, and RSP is setup for the beginner reseller. If he has a developer as he says, he'll do fine. myself I scourge this forum for tips from you, index, valasi, steathyone for tips of how to do things.

Comment

Originally posted by doneritehosting View Post
          I still do not have any developers skills... everyone starts somewhere, I did, and RSP is setup for the beginner reseller. If he has a developer as he says, he'll do fine. myself I scourge this forum for tips from you, index, valasi, steathyone for tips of how to do things.
          I have pretty good skills, and still grab a pen and notepad when clivejo comes around

Comment

Thanks all of you for the educative and informative reply

Comment

Sorry, Ill try to be nice

I've been 'hanging about' on this forum for a long time and seen a lot of people come and go, spurred by a get rich quick idea! I'm just urging caution

Of course if you have any problems, there is brilliant support via the RSP ticket system and then of course you have the community here on the forum who have probably at one time or another had the same problems you will experience.

And yes, we all started off just as you are now. Knowledge is gained by experience, and it can be painful and cause of sleepless nights at times!! It can also be fun and I have met some interesting people along the way!

Comment

Right on clivejo, many of those sleepless nights on this end

Comment

Originally posted by djblalock View Post
                  I have pretty good skills, and still grab a pen and notepad when clivejo comes around
                  Ditto clive knows his stuff!

Comment

Working...
                  X