A working SEO plugin suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A working SEO plugin suggestion

I'm using RP Plugin v 1.5.9 but my favorite SEO plugin Yoast doesnt work along with RP.

Anybody using another SEO plugin that is compatible with RP?

I wish you luck on one.. most wordpress plugin compatability went down the drain.. version 1.3.0 was the last version of of rsp's reseller plugin that was compatable with yoast, other seo proggies and mostly compatable with jetpack, etc etc.... you will have to play to find out what will work and what does not... but also, don't bother with squirrelly seo... it don't work either... pity cause its a nice one and easy to use too.... all I can suggest is everyone you try that does not work file a support ticket of the plugin to RSP ( I have several filed over the years), even though I gave up round 3 years ago first plugin update after 1.3.0... 1.3.2 I believe that was where plugin compatability began..
    Last edited by doneritehosting; 08-12-2015, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know why RSP plugin wont work with Yoast?

Comment

Well clivejo, I don't know the why but there has always been some incompatability between yoast and the built in seo on the rsp plugin worpress pages... from rsp plugin 1.3.0 backwards yoast would add some code to the theme and disable rsp's seo fields and all of yoast would work... from 1.3.2 forward to best I can remember the custom meta fields for yoast were disabled and not functional even after yoast applied its fix, I do believe that ver 1.3.2 is where rsp added multiple order pages to the plugin with ummm speed enhancements... I just gave up and quit on it and use the built in meta fields provided by rsps theme... same with jetpack and everything else, just uninstalled them. plugins to submit sitemaps automatically when you make a new post do work though....

Comment

I assume it's a javascript clash. Because what's not working with Yoast and some other plugins is Tabs inside a frame or a plugin page are not clickable.
          I've had this problem between other plugins before. The solutions ranged from increasing PHP memory to adding scripts to your core wordpress files.
          I didn't have the chance to look at it thoroughly this time but I'll hopefully post a solution about it. It would be great RSP have considered fixing this.

Comment

I have a friend that I believe could fix it. Would you be ready to give a donation to him if he does? I figure it could be done without hacking the plugin. It would require you to use a child theme though, which is the best solution since it allows you to update both plugins and theme without loosing the fix. (A child theme can import custom javascript files.)

Comment

Originally posted by El Jaguar View Post
              Anybody using another SEO plugin that is compatible with RP?
              I've been using SEO Ultimate with RSP plugin with no problem, but I have not tried it with the last version of RSP plugin yet. Here's a comparison between Yoast SEO and SEO Ultimate.

Comment

Problem solved with RSP plugin version 1.5.12 - works fine with Yoast SEO!

Comment

Working...
                X