LiquidNet Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeeterz71 View Post
    I tried the script. Unless there is something I'm missing, it's not working.

Here is my order form edit

Here is what shows up on the orderform.

On another note, it was mentioned above that changing the color of the text via css effects other stuff. Can you give an example?

I checked out your sites order form 'skeeterz71' and yes the L'net address does disappear after a split second on the screen - but seeing as the full payment processor details appears on every invoice the client gets - isn't just putting off the inevitable?

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
      I checked out your sites order form 'skeeterz71' and yes the L'net address does disappear after a split second on the screen - but seeing as the full payment processor details appears on every invoice the client gets - isn't just putting off the inevitable?

Once they are paying, I really no longer care

Comment

Once they are paying, I really no longer care

Hahaha - fair enough!

Then lets hope they don't see your reseller link on your site before they pay.

It will not only show them L'net but all your wholesale pricing too - lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlackLightHost View Post

Hey BlackLightHost,

How do you find the 'Free Hosting Special Offer' works on your site? Does it attract many clients?

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
            Hey BlackLightHost,

How do you find the 'Free Hosting Special Offer' works on your site? Does it attract many clients?

It's really too soon to say. It has attracted quite a few "free" clients in the week or so that I have offered it but it remains to be seen if they will eventually churn into paying customers.

Comment

Brilliant. Clivejo, thanks a lot. Have been searching for this solution for quite some time.

Comment

It's really too soon to say. It has attracted quite a few "free" clients in the week or so that I have offered it but it remains to be seen if they will eventually churn into paying customers.
                Are you using another provider for the free accounts? I notice you are connecting to an API, does this set-up the free accounts automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                  Are you using another provider for the free accounts? I notice you are connecting to an API, does this set-up the free accounts automatically?
                  Yup, I have a reseller account with a free hosting provider and it does setup the accounts automatically through their API. It does however mean two separate reseller CPs to deal with but once it's configured it takes care of itself for the most part. I have upgrade links in the free end user CPs that lead to my RSP offerings and plan to push domain sales and upgrades to the free clients. Still experimental at this point but hopefully will drum up some sales.

That's something RSP should consider IMHO. Offering a limited version of hosting for free or even a time limited free trial as a promotion.

Comment

That's something RSP should consider IMHO. Offering a limited version of hosting for free or even a time limited free trial as a promotion.
                    Your preaching to the choir on that one. RSP have a great marketing resource (Hepsia CP) and even very limited free accounts would showcase the CP and lead to sales in my honest opinion. You want something to showcase the CP but encourage upgrades. For example only give one email address, limit the disk quote, etc

I have also tried your idea but find that it is almost impossible to upgrade the customer away from the other provider. I dont want to get into name dropping so Ill just use the first letters, is the provider RC?

Comment

Yup, Free hosting plan Monthly billing options and coupon promotions have been tossed around and suggested for years in this forum to rsp with no go so far. We are supposed to see discount coupons finally but exactly when is the big question. RC has both but lags behind RSP in technology in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                        Your preaching to the choir on that one. RSP have a great marketing resource (Hepsia CP) and even very limited free accounts would showcase the CP and lead to sales in my honest opinion. You want something to showcase the CP but encourage upgrades. For example only give one email address, limit the disk quote, etc

I have also tried your idea but find that it is almost impossible to upgrade the customer away from the other provider. I dont want to get into name dropping so Ill just use the first letters, is the provider RC?
                        In my opinion the best demo for RP is a free account. As you said, make it limited with all features there to see but their use limited. 1 email, only a small number of script installs, subdomains only, and so on. The problem that I see with using the other provider, such as I am now, is the 2 completely different user cpanels. The free accounts now don't showcase the premium product and for a new user, they will need to learn a new cpanel with an upgrade.

Comment

I disagree with offering free accounts. My experience is you just attract garbage with those. The pricing is such that if a person can't swing the smallest account to start with, I would't want them.

Comment

I disagree with offering free accounts. My experience is you just attract garbage with those. The pricing is such that if a person can't swing the smallest account to start with, I would't want them.
                            True free attracts garbage. Yet even in your own home you physically have to take garbage to the trash can. There is no perfect system and the idea here is to encourage site visitors into trying the services in a real world enviroment (actually working with it instead of controlled demos) and making a purchase. If a free plan itself is not viable for rsp then a 30 day trial would work almost as well. Myself (before finding RSP) If no free plan or trial was available with a host, I always purchased a month or two of hosting to test service reliability and to see if I liked the control panel configuration.
                            Last edited by doneritehosting; 25-06-2013, 10:00 AM.

Comment

The thing is, alot of potential clients want to test out a free version not only to test the tools but to test the server speed, reliability and uptime. Most all hosts out there promise 99.XX% uptime and fast powerful servers, but the in the vast majority of cases, they fall short, some terribly short. This has led alot of clients to be skeptical until they try a service first and to be honest, I don't blame them. Even being able to offer 1 month free upfront on our platform as a promotion would do wonders.

Comment

Believe it or not I found RSP via signing up with a free provider back in my uni days. I didn't have much money and couldnt afford a paid for package. But after I graduated and did have some money I upgraded to paid for and still with RSP.

So this goes to show you that one man's garbage can be another man's gold-mine! If you impress someone via a free account, chances are they will upgrade. I find Hepsia to be very easy to use and is actually addictive in a way. I for one would not like to go back to using cPanel again.

One thing I noticed someone mention on the forum is an app for Hepsia for Android/iOS. That is a very good idea and I would like to add my voice to that suggestion. I hope RSP are listening

Comment

Working...
                                X