PHP7 = 500 error for WP sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP7 = 500 error for WP sites

I was just messin' around and enabled PHP7 (from PHP5.6) and when I did that, all my wordpress sites came up with a 500 internal server error, including my wordpress reseller site.

Just wondering why this is and if anyone else has experienced this.

Is there setting or 2 I have to change in PHP7 for this not to happen or is WP just not compatible with PHP7?

Just curious.

I think while the latest version of WP are compatible with PHP7, many plug-ins are not. Have you tried it on a clean install of WP with no plugins installed?

Comment

Just tried it.

Installed WP, switched to PHP7...got 500 error.

Switched back to PHP5.6, deleted the default installed plugins...still got 500 server error.

Comment

Hello vrebub,

I will advise you to open a support ticket from your hosting account if you are still facing the issue. I was just able to install a fresh WordPress and it is working correctly with PHP 7.

Best Regards,
        Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

This issue was resolved. Took 2 tries because, at first, tech support blamed it on the RSP installer not using the latest version of Wordpress :/

But when I proved that theory invalid, by
          • pointing out that the installer has the latest version and
          • manually installing a test WP site with the latest version downloaded from wordpress.org with all plugins deleted,

they fixed the issue and I can now use WP with PHP7.

I cannot tell you what they did to fix this problem, though as they did not relay that info to me.

Comment

Working...
          X