Custom Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Theme

I have used RSP for about 10-12 years now and it has work ok up until just a year or so ago when I need to have it looking like my other sites I build. I find it that the RSP stock themes are quite dated. Sure I can do my own design but in today's Wordpress world, drop-n-drag widgets and blocks are the way to go. Even the RSP plugin is lagging far behind. I attempted to create a custom theme using a bare-bone theme and Elementor page builder. I find that nearly 1/3 of the shortcodes do not work even though I add them to the a widget called shortcode. I have none of the RSP WP themes installed. With that fact, I have attempted to transition some of the must have codes from the RSP WP theme and applied it to my theme. Some work, some do not. Of course I can create my own custom plan name, description and price without using shortcode but unfortunately the order form just doesn't work at all. I tried using the iframe but the visuall formatting is hideous.

I want my site to look beautiful according to today's standard.

Maybe someone here have a comprehensive detail list of must have files (js, css, php, etc) and lines of codes to move over so that it works in whatever non-RSP WP theme I use.

*sigh* Thank you.

The RSP plug-in is the thing that enables the shortcodes, so that needs to be installed and linked to your resellerpanel account for those to work.

Do you really need the plugin? If you are going all out and re-designing all the pages, you could write a plugin to use the API instead and display the information how you want to, if your data rarely changes you could just hardcode it into the pages.

Comment

I am not well verse in programming a plugin but yes, I know I can create pages and hard code the necessary data but the form that I am trying to get working is where I am stuck. I looked at the RSP theme's forms but it does not show how the data is transmitted to my reseller account. the <form> tag's action="" is empty. So far, I have tried a few times with no success.

Just so you know, I am using the RSP plugin and it is connected to my reseller account.

Comment

okay, so have you tried overriding the form CSS?

Every reseller has a premade resellers site, you can access the site here - <yourreseller username>.duoservers.com/order/

But the style sheet - <yourreseller username>.duoservers.com/template2/css/order-style.css if what you will probably need to override certain elements.

Comment

I have no problem overriding existing CSS. The problem is getting the form to show up including the data using [rp_order_form]. When it does does show up only the content appears but not the crucial data that defines what plan you select, data center, pricing, etc. I tried apply all or parts of the function.php code into my function.php but no matter what I do the form just doesn't show up at all.

Using iframe is out. You can't customize it at all and I don't want to use the douservers.com reseller site either.

Comment

Originally posted by newseed View Post
            I have used RSP for about 10-12 years now and it has work ok up until just a year or so ago when I need to have it looking like my other sites I build. I find it that the RSP stock themes are quite dated. Sure I can do my own design but in today's Wordpress world, drop-n-drag widgets and blocks are the way to go. Even the RSP plugin is lagging far behind. I attempted to create a custom theme using a bare-bone theme and Elementor page builder. I find that nearly 1/3 of the shortcodes do not work even though I add them to the a widget called shortcode. I have none of the RSP WP themes installed. With that fact, I have attempted to transition some of the must have codes from the RSP WP theme and applied it to my theme. Some work, some do not. Of course I can create my own custom plan name, description and price without using shortcode but unfortunately the order form just doesn't work at all. I tried using the iframe but the visuall formatting is hideous.

I want my site to look beautiful according to today's standard.

Maybe someone here have a comprehensive detail list of must have files (js, css, php, etc) and lines of codes to move over so that it works in whatever non-RSP WP theme I use.

*sigh* Thank you.
            A plugin for more advanced resellers who want to create their own content has been suggested some years ago. I am the one who suggested it.

http://forum.resellerspanel.com/foru...rdpress-plugin

I am currently dealing with a company that has such a plugin you desire letting you just insert services where you want them in your site layout where you want them with a link to the shopping cart via a wordpress block builder. I have run into zero wordpress plugin incompatibilities using this However by October I will be migrating as a reseller back to resellers panel. The included wordpress reseller hosting plan itself included with said company is very unstable. I would hope that resellers panel would reconsider this suggested advanced plugin by October and develop it.

Yeah clivejo I know you told me so. You Don't need to say I told you so. However barring the reseller hosting with this said company I have thouroly enjoyed working with their wordpress reseller plugin, the possibilities for design, content and layout are endless.
            Last edited by doneritehosting; 21-05-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I have finally launched my new hosting design.

https://averdigital.com/

Everything is customized. The only thing I did not build from the ground up is the order form that RSP provides. I did however make some visual enhancement to it.
              It works well in mobile too. However, I do have some tweaks to make but over all I am happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by newseed View Post
                I have finally launched my new hosting design.

https://averdigital.com/

Everything is customized. The only thing I did not build from the ground up is the order form that RSP provides. I did however make some visual enhancement to it.
                It works well in mobile too. However, I do have some tweaks to make but over all I am happy with it.
                Very impressive I must say, may I ask, was it difficult to make custom CSS for the order form? I am trying to do similar but don't have the slightest clue where to start - obviously style.css is a good place to start - but did you have to do anything to jquery-ui-1.8.13.custom.css

Comment

Originally posted by lekkere-wafel View Post

Very impressive I must say, may I ask, was it difficult to make custom CSS for the order form? I am trying to do similar but don't have the slightest clue where to start - obviously style.css is a good place to start - but did you have to do anything to jquery-ui-1.8.13.custom.css
                  The order form was the hardest part. It's really not mobile friendly at all. Instead of using the reseller panel plugin and theme, I custom built my hosting related products but I use their stock order form that you can download from your reseller control panel. From the top menu, click on Reseller Tools -> API Docs and there you will see a few files to download. You can download them all but the one I used is the third one - order form zip file.

There is a method to this madness and I spent a good number of hours figuring things out but eventually I did. I still have some tweaks to mobile but it's working well so far. I didn't mind custom my products knowing that i will have to update them from time to time manually but the order form was more important to me that enabled me to customize it with my own header, styles, languages, etc.

The crew at Reseller could have taken this further by taking advantage of how Wordpress sites are built these days. The biggest thing they can do it allow the ability to not be dependent on their themes. If don't correctly, at worst, might have to add a couple of lines of code to the functions.php file but it should not have to be anything more than that. Maybe they will someday. Until then, we have to get our hands dirty to do the work in order to get the results we are looking for.

Comment

Your site is impressive. I experienced a little slow loading on your site. You have not used reseller plugin or theme. Have you used the APi?

Comment

Youe site is impressive, I like it

Comment

Originally posted by haseeb961 View Post
                        Your site is impressive. I experienced a little slow loading on your site. You have not used reseller plugin or theme. Have you used the APi?
                        Yeah. Most days it loads fine. No API or the plugin.

Comment

Working...
                        X