Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pages with Code Titles

Hi,

The RP theme comes with numerous duplicated pages which contain a coded title such as, "{{whyus_1_title}}". I'm assuming that these are not really needed by the plugin, so are these safe to be either unpublished or removed?

Because they appear automatically in generated sitemaps, it makes sense to remove them.

Thoughts?

Hello,

I have contacted with our developers regarding the case. The purpose of the tags you are referring to is to display the correct content on the pages of the Wordpress reseller website once the Resellerspanel plugin is connected to the store. They advise to avoid removing these tags as this will cause some or all content from your pages to be removed. Additionally even if you do manually remove the tags they will get restored upon updating the Resellerspanel plugin.

Best Regards,
    Nick Green,
    Technical Support Department.

Comment

I think there needs to be a distinction here. I'm not talking about removing special tags that are used throughout the theme's pages. I'm referring to ENTIRE pages that have tags in the title and within the body and have absolutely no relation to the normal pages already displayed.

Comment

I should also mention that the RP specialized theme is a SEO nightmare right out of the box. The repeated content and/or unrelated useless pages do not help. For example, the so called 'Articles' should have been populated as 'posts' under a blog.

Comment

Personally, I re-wrote the pages in more "local" English. The pages tend to be in American English and some parts are worded strangely! I also removed all but my local Data Centre and reworded/spelt it how most of my local community does!

Comment

Doing the same here. The language is incredibly obtuse and guaranteed to be flagged by the search engines as spam.

Comment

I just threw out the WP theme and did a site from scratch in the website builder. It originally started as me just trying out the builder, but I actually grew to like it. My website is in my profile if you want to take a look at what was done using the builder.

I always liked the themes themselves for WP. It was a huge step for RSP from the original sites, which resellers had almost no control over (if I remember right we could edit headers and footers and the rest was default). The only other alternative before was to use the API and build your own site from scratch using it.

If you still want to use the WP themes I highly recommend changing the wording on pretty much everything, and installing Yoast SEO to get even more control over the SEO. Otherwise your site has the same exact content as countless other reseller sites and pretty poor SEO rankings from the start. If you see those pages filled with {{random_tag_whatever}} throughout the entire page, that's where WP is pulling most of the content from RSP. If you delete the page it shouldn't mess it up at all, but just make sure that the rest of the site doesn't have links to it.

Comment

Originally posted by djblalock View Post
                I just threw out the WP theme and did a site from scratch in the website builder. It originally started as me just trying out the builder, but I actually grew to like it. My website is in my profile if you want to take a look at what was done using the builder.

I always liked the themes themselves for WP. It was a huge step for RSP from the original sites, which resellers had almost no control over (if I remember right we could edit headers and footers and the rest was default). The only other alternative before was to use the API and build your own site from scratch using it.

If you still want to use the WP themes I highly recommend changing the wording on pretty much everything, and installing Yoast SEO to get even more control over the SEO. Otherwise your site has the same exact content as countless other reseller sites and pretty poor SEO rankings from the start. If you see those pages filled with {{random_tag_whatever}} throughout the entire page, that's where WP is pulling most of the content from RSP. If you delete the page it shouldn't mess it up at all, but just make sure that the rest of the site doesn't have links to it.
                you are missing our ToS and our reseller ID and support lines which is pretty much a violation. Have them placed on your site accordingly otherwise we will not provide support for the store obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post

you are missing our ToS and our reseller ID and support lines which is pretty much a violation. Have them placed on your site accordingly otherwise we will not provide support for the store obviously.
                  Fixed - see your messages. I guess that is one of the benefits to using a WP template

Comment

Originally posted by djblalock View Post

Fixed - see your messages. I guess that is one of the benefits to using a WP template
                    much better. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X