Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Reseller API- Question

Hello,

Please I do not understand what the API is supposed to mean. Does it replaces the templates given by RSP, How is it set up and is it hosted.What added valu will it add to my being a resseler is I use it?

I have read about API on the RSP site , but i seem not to understand it fully. I need an independent explanation. Please can somebody help? Thanks

-Ibro

Originally posted by tibrahim
    Hello,

Please I do not understand what the API is supposed to mean. Does it replaces the templates given by RSP, How is it set up and is it hosted.What added valu will it add to my being a resseler is I use it?

I have read about API on the RSP site , but i seem not to understand it fully. I need an independent explanation. Please can somebody help? Thanks

-Ibro
    Hello

API will connect your custom made website with your RSP account and plans. RSP guys won't be responsible for frauds, chargeback and so on.

But....

...so far I /we/ don't know anybody, who got it to work ;( And no support from RSP guys. Quiet.

So, the prize is - the Nobe Prize! if you can get it to work!

Regards
    Arthur

Comment

Thanks Arthur,

If I understand what you said, To use the API, i will get my own custom web store hosted ,then install the API and edit the scripts accordingly so that if someone wants to buy hosting or domain name from my customised store, the billing will be linked with RSP transparently but I will be on my own if there is any fraud, charge-back, etc.

If so , can I have a link to your own customised site as an example. Thanks

Regards,

Ibro

Comment

tibrahim.... ahem,

Originally posted by Arthur
        Hello

API will connect your custom made website with your RSP account and plans. RSP guys won't be responsible for frauds, chargeback and so on.

But....

...so far I /we/ don't know anybody, who got it to work ;( And no support from RSP guys. Quiet.

So, the prize is - the Nobe Prize! if you can get it to work!

Regards
        Arthur

Comment

Does that include people who have funds in their wallet?

Having played around with the API just for a little bit I could get it to extract some data alright...however, as I have no funds in my wallet it will not show any of my hosted plans that I offer from my templated solution. Now, showing the packages would be the main reason for me to be using the API I'd say.

Threads like this one doesn't really encourage me to put funds into my wallet, as there is no way of ever getting them out again(??), should the above statement actually be true.

However, on that note (API in general) I was thinking: if I had funds in my wallet that would be enough to buy my most expensive package, it should be able to show my packages via the API, right? Several threads on this board mention that if you use the API you have to do your own billing and fraud-protection, right? But what is it that stops me from using the RSP supplied form from the very site that has the API packages...?? (apart from that no one ever has gotten it to work of course, if that is true).

Surely, if I can hardcode my own little webby with a static version of my packages and use the RSP supplied form, I must be able to use that same form from a site that is using the API, should I choose to...? As I said above, I would only like to use the API for showing my packages, but I prefer RSP doing the fraud-protection, billing etc, I'm not too keen on handling those bits myself.

It's not like the form would know...??

Comment

Hello,

You don't need to add money to your wallet just to list your hosting plans. In fact, you can use every part of the API, except orders, without a wallet balance.

And yes; it IS possible to get the API to work!

Comment

Working...
            X