Dedicated servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated servers

Hi all i havent been in the forum for awhile. I have a customer wanting the big server is it possible for me to sell it to him. without going through the affiliate link.? i dont want to reveal my source.

Regards Jazz

jazzwoodbine, currently dedicated servers can only be sold by resellers though an affiliate link. Forum members have already made suggestions to include cPanel reseller accounts and dedicated server offerings on reseller templates and I have passed this suggestion to our management and developers for consideration. However, even if the suggestion is approved, it may take awhile until it is implemented.

Comment

I think this is one of the strangest things with the otherwise great RSP service. RSP has otherwise shown great understanding of the reseller's need for anonymity and made great efforts to allow the reseller to stay separated from RSP in the eyes of the end-client. But when the client has outgrown the shared hosting account, there is no way to upgrade to a semidedicated server with kept reseller anonymity. I have a couple of clients that soon will need to upgrade, but I will have to look for another VPS solution for them since I cannot resell RSP semidedicated servers. I can understand that your developers have much to do, but I can not understand that this issue does not seam to have priority. You are loosing serious business here!

Even if I would disregard the anonymity issue, this is still not a serious alternative economically; If I would let the client sign up for a Semidedicated Server 1 at RSP homepage through my affiliate link, I would only earn the same commission that I do on a Corporate account. This is not a complaint on the price. If I could somehow resell the account, I could set my own retail price. But I guess that even if I would sign up and pay on behalf of my client, the “wholesale” price is shown in the client's CP?

Comment

It would be nice to get this sorted. I missed out on selling the top server to a client because i didnt want to reveal myself as a reseller meaning Rsp missed out aswell.

Regards Jazz

Comment

This is one issue i strongly believe should be resolved. it will not cost Resellers panel anything to intregate dedicated servers to our control panel or create a seprate account for this purpose.

Comment

maxa, I can relate to your arguments though unfortunately, I cannot do anything about it.

livingnetng, you are wrong. It will cost many hours of development work to integrate dedicated server orders into the reseller control panel, to say the least.

Comment

Millien.
              you are getting me wrong. i do acknowledge the fact that it will that a couple of hours and other resources to integrate the dedicated server to the resellers panel control panel.

what i mean is that, we as your resellers are clamoring for that and it will make us happy and make our work easy. i do have some couple of client who are willing to get the dedicated server but i can't go on because it dosent make sence for me to allowed them make the other from resellerspanel.com when they have already been deaing with me with my store name and beside that where is the anonymity resellerspanel is know for. i do feel you guys should look at this issue critically and listen to our cry. if is not possible or not cost effective to integrate it to the free ressellers panel control panel may be should guys should consider have a control panel for the dedicated server also us resellers.
              Last edited by livingnetng; 30-05-2006, 08:05 PM.

Comment

This is really frustrating!

This is really frustrating. As my client has grown out of the Corporate account, I tried doing something like an "upgrade" for him, signing up for a Semi-Dedicated Server account. But the annoying thing is that support does not have time to help transferring the files and database content from the old account to the new one. It was about 104 hours (4 days) since the ticket was opened! It would have been better if support told me right away that this service is not included and that I have to do it myself. I would have done it long time ago if it was not so much files to FTP.
                Please set up a real upgrade-to-semi-dedicated-option!

Comment

i second that, i also wish/hope RSP will come out with a more plan/program for us.
                  now as i am waiting for rsp to rollout a program for us to sell semi/dedicated or even VPS. plus enable WHM/cPanel with it.

I have post the request in the forum, but the reply is that RSP will not rollout anytime soon coz i also have some client lookfing for more freedom and maybe also looking for a semi/dedicated solition...

we turest RSP, feel that their service is good, and i dont feel like outsourcing for another reseller account or other hosting plan other where....

Comment

Maybe they're working on something else even bigger that they're going to surprise us with!

Comment

Originally posted by maxa
                      This is really frustrating. As my client has grown out of the Corporate account, I tried doing something like an "upgrade" for him, signing up for a Semi-Dedicated Server account. But the annoying thing is that support does not have time to help transferring the files and database content from the old account to the new one. It was about 104 hours (4 days) since the ticket was opened! It would have been better if support told me right away that this service is not included and that I have to do it myself. I would have done it long time ago if it was not so much files to FTP.
                      Please set up a real upgrade-to-semi-dedicated-option!
                      Worse than so, the database can not be dumped (exported) by phpMyAdmin since the php memory limit is too small for dumpong a database that is 10 MB +. This might look a little bit off topic, but what I am stressing here is the need of an upgrade option.

Comment

Any Updates?

I too now have a client that is looking at the Optimus Dedicated Server specs at a minimum and now have reservations using the RSP dedicated offerings.

Has anyone heard of improvements implemented since the last post?

Comment

Originally posted by davidqp
                          I too now have a client that is looking at the Optimus Dedicated Server specs at a minimum and now have reservations using the RSP dedicated offerings.

Has anyone heard of improvements implemented since the last post?
                          davidqp, I am not sure that I completely understand what you mean. Can you please be more specific regarding the reservations that your client is having toward the Dedicated Server offers?

If you are referring to the way that dedicated servers can be ordered, there has been no change it regard to this aspect.

Comment

Milen,

I am talking about the discussion in this thread. If you read through, you'll see the points that are being made. I just wanted to find out if anyone else has had some recent feedback to the dedicated server option.

My client does not have reservations. I have reservations suggestiong this option, from the points made in this thread in general.

Comment

Working...
                            X