Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a Joomla site to RP

Hello,
    I am moving an existing Joomla site to a new host (not RP, chosen by the client). After reconfiguring Joomla for the new environment, the pear libraries are not being recognized. I tried the go-pear.php install with the proper file/dir permissions, yet the specified file permissions are not being granted. After going to their support and asking what's up, they tried the install and changing the permissions too. They wrote back saying, "it is funny how the file permissions are not being granted." That's it... I'm left in the dark... so frustrating because moving a Joomla site should be a simple task.

The client now wants me to find a Joomla compliant host. I assume RP is compliant because they have the script installer and the pear libraries should work because RP has their stuff together.

I will move them here and give their site a test run on my accounts. All I need to know is RP's final thoughts on this matter and if I am going to run into the same problems as the other host? Has anybody else had problems transferring Joomla sites to RP?

i wasn't aware that Pear Libs had any affect on Joomla, I have moved sites around from server to server with no issues, perhaps try re-compiling PHP to include PEAR again...

I have not used the RP hosting for any Joomla sites so cannot comment on the ease of transfer onto here though

Comment

Originally posted by will View Post
      i wasn't aware that Pear Libs had any affect on Joomla, I have moved sites around from server to server with no issues, perhaps try re-compiling PHP to include PEAR again...

I have not used the RP hosting for any Joomla sites so cannot comment on the ease of transfer onto here though
      They are using the cache lite as some addon. and I know it should be no issues, but everytime I develop for a client who's on this host... simple stuff like file form uploaders don't work. At this point I put it on RP and say LOOK! Really, I have not had many problems on rp's servers (one out of three major environments I have developed for). Errr!

Comment

Originally posted by Programmer View Post
        I will move them here and give their site a test run on my accounts. All I need to know is RP's final thoughts on this matter and if I am going to run into the same problems as the other host? Has anybody else had problems transferring Joomla sites to RP?
        I do not see a reason why you should not be able to do this. There are literally thousands of Joomla installations running without problems on our hosting servers. Personally, I haven't moved any Joomla installs from another provider to our servers, but I have made a couple of Joomla installs for testing purposes and have not encountered any issues.

Comment

Situation has been resolved. It was the pear library on a host I am not impressed with. It was being used for other applications, not Joomla itself. Thanks everybody.

Moving a Joomla site:

1. Edit these config options in the configuration.php file.
          $mosConfig_host = '';
          $mosConfig_user = '';
          $mosConfig_password = '';
          $mosConfig_db = '';
          $mosConfig_absolute_path = '';
          $mosConfig_live_site = '';
          $mosConfig_cachepath = '';

2. You may need to configured the .htaccess file.

or

1. Make a backup of and delete the configuration.php file.

2. Go to the url of the directory where Joomla is and let the core system rebuild the configuration.php file.

Comment

Working...
          X