I'm concerned. How bad is it here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm concerned. How bad is it here?

In reading through the support forums, I get the impression that RSP's glory days have passed. Is this true? Because everything else about them seems pretty good. I am currently with a bad host that has given me endless problems with their poor service and performance. But I don't need to trade one bad place for another. I would like a really good experience from now on. Have I come to the right place or not? Is there some place better? Tell me about your experience here, and how long you've been. PM me if you'd prefer instead of a public posting. Thank you for your time.

Hi, Do you want a resellers account or a hosting account??

I and my clients have had very minimal issues over the years, the hosting is great. All my clients are satisfied with the services.
    So am I.

Comment

totalsuper, like with any service there are satisfied and unsatisfied customers. The unsatisfied ones are often louder, although they typically are a minority.

I suggest that you try the service on your own. You can sign up for a free reseller account and as a reseller you can order a Business hosting plan for USD40.00 per year (USD 45.00 with a domain registration or transfer). You have a 30-day money back guarantee, so if you are not satisfied by the service, you can request a refund within a month.

Comment

the answer is: both

I'm looking at reselling as well as hosting my own pages. Dear readers, can I get you to share links to any joomla installations hosted here? I'd like to check the load time from my locale. Thanks.

Comment

I was with several others before coming to RSP. I would highly recommend them. I am very pleased with RSP.

Comment

Joomla sucks, eh?

I thank those who have applauded the service here, but now what I need is to figure out how fast Joomla loads from my locale on a server located on this network. Anyone want to offer an URL I can look at? PM me if you don't want to make it public. My current host is ridiculously slow, and that's partly Joomla's fault. But that doesn't matter. I'm already invested in Joomla. I don't want to move to Drupal. No other CMS makes sense for my needs. An URL, please? Thank you.

Comment

there are a number of users that are running joomla sites and they have never complained usually when a joomla site is slow it is becuase of 2 many db queries and to much Javascript in the head nothing to do with the hosting

Comment

Originally posted by totalsuper View Post
                I thank those who have applauded the service here, but now what I need is to figure out how fast Joomla loads from my locale on a server located on this network. Anyone want to offer an URL I can look at? PM me if you don't want to make it public. My current host is ridiculously slow, and that's partly Joomla's fault. But that doesn't matter. I'm already invested in Joomla. I don't want to move to Drupal. No other CMS makes sense for my needs. An URL, please? Thank you.
                You can set up a Joomla site by using the demo control panel.
                Login to demo account,go to elefante script installer set up the Joomla into a temporary url where you can create it near the subdomain manager in the format ***x . scxx . info.
                Then try to load it and check yourself.

Comment

this are joomla CMS..in sup35 server

Comment

Here's another on sup11.co.uk, to give you the UK datacentre's performance:

Comment

YA! That one loaded in 0.781s.

Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                      Here's another on sup11.co.uk, to give you the UK datacentre's performance:

http://floralpride.co.uk

Comment

The server has been suffering from glitches as of late lol, which explains the load times. I usually get much faster times than that. Then again, it depends where you are accessing the site from i guess. Im only 500 miles or so from the server, so it's usually quick for me.

Comment

I was referencing the database error that I observed when trying to load the site.

I don't know, I think the servers here are still slower than other hosts using data centers in the same state. The data center that my cPanel host uses is also in Texas and the servers are much faster than those here.

Another issue I never liked is having my own hosting account suspended for load reasons. I was running 2 sites on sc38 and had my account suspended a minimum of 3 x's. I now have several sites, all running php scripts, and I have not experienced the same issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MacCheesy View Post
                            I don't know, I think the servers here are still slower than other hosts using data centers in the same state. The data center that my cPanel host uses is also in Texas and the servers are much faster than those here.
                            The website that Chameleon posted is on a server in Maidenhead, United Kingdom, not in Texas. The majority of our servers in the US, including all new US servers, are located in Fremont, California, not Texas. By the way, I have just ran a traceroute from a US site to a site on sc38, which is indeed in Dallas, Texas and the traceroute took only 16ms.

Comment

Really, are you sure?

I did a traceroute on sc35-sc48 and most are in the AlphaRed data center [Texas] with a few located with The Planet [also Texas]. A few are with Peer1 [maxim.net] it seems, which also has data centers in Texas. I think I saw only 1 that listed a [San Jose] CA data center.
                              Last edited by MacCheesy; 09-07-2008, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X