Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Some questions for new promising reseller!!! - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some questions for new promising reseller!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some questions for new promising reseller!!!

For past couple days, I have been reading a lot of information on your forum and your website regarding the reseller hosting plans. I came up with few questions below and hope someone can fulfill my curiosity. Thanks in advance.

1. The corporate plan stated that it is hosted 3 domains, which I want to know whether customers will get 3 www.yourname.com for free under this plan. Or do they have to pay for extra domain registration? Or It could mean that the plan can host up to 3 domains if so please specify. What’s about domain parking and domain addon if customers want to host more than 3?

2. I want to know what type of multimedia is supported by the plan such as MIME Types, MIDI, Macromedia Shockwave/Flash, Streaming Audio, Real Audio and Video, Shoustcast Live etc…

3. I understand that currently you only offer Business and Corporate plans. As for business customers, does it come with a SSL certificate? I’m the website says “SSL with certificate generation included”, I’m not sure that’s a valid SSL certificate. This is important for future business customers who wish to run an e-commerce store such as osCommerce. Which brings to next question regarding MySQL and simultaneous connection.

4. I’m fully aware that the MySQL quo ta (database size) is only 30MB or 45MB. Should this become cumbersome when you have store or forum? Honestly, I have looked at the other hosting sites and their information about MySQL database read like this “The size of your database can be as big as your total storage limit”. For me, I really like open source software like phpbb and osCommerce. So for future use I wonder how big is exactly 35MB. How much information it can store?

5. I read on forum and noticed that “several hundred connections to a MySQL database” can bring a site offline. Is true when you have 1000 users surfing your forum at the same time? How can i upload a 5MB database file (.sql)? if I manually import via phpmyadmin, it would give time-out error.

6. Is it possible to have domain reseller with hosting reseller account? I meant can I resell domain name and hosting packages at the same time. I read online it says I pick either one. If so I can sell both because some customers want to register domain only and maybe come back later and register for hosting plan. Domain name might be a good loss leader.

7. I think when hosting a business account, data is a very important factor. Do you backup data on remote server or the same one being hosted? Can we retrieve data if something goes wrong with server?

Few miscellaneous questions:

What network carriers do you have? What’s your network connectivity? What kind of server hardware you use? What are free marketing too you have? Search engine submission or Google Ads for example?

P.S. Sorry if i typed too much. But I really to know before I start! and I also really want to join this forum and share things. It's a good and friendly community.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2005, 11:03 AM.

if you offer free domains with your packages then
    they get 1 free domain for that package then

they can order 2 more domains without having to
    pay for pointing etc but they have to pay for the domains.

Comment

Welcome aboard newest member tweakie.
      As it seems you do indeed have alot of questions, I think you have for the most part you've already answered most of them on your own. In reading more and more about the services and features that are available to you, you'll undoubtedly begin to get used to how things work here and devise your own method of dealing with site development, reselling and marketing to draw in your own clientele. Go ahead, go nuts, create away. You're on the right path.

Originally posted by tweakie
      For past couple days, I have been reading a lot of information on your forum and your website regarding the reseller hosting plans....

Comment

Hello and welcome, tweakie!

1. The Corporate plan supports hosting of three domain names. Whether or not to include a free registration for one domain with the price of the plan is up to you as a reseller. Additional domain names can be registered as a plan upgrade through the web hosting control panel or domains registered by the account owner elsewhere can be used, considering that our DNS settings are applied. The plan can also be upgraded with support for additional domains through the web hosting control panel. Domain parking is not available.

2. Our servers do not support streaming audio and video, otherwise all other multimedia file types are acceptable, considering that the account holder has copyright over the files and file content is inline with our Terms of Service.

3. An SSL certificate is not included in the price of the web hosting plan. Customers can use certificates generated through and signed by any SSL certificate signing authority. Customers also have the option to generate self-signed SSL certificates, which are free, through the web hosting control panel. However, self-signed SSL certificates are considerably different from SSL certificates signed by a trustful signing authority in the degree of their credibility.

4. The MySQL quota provided with the web hosting plans is sufficient for the majority of small and medium-sized businesses. However, this answer is pretty subjective, since needs can vary greatly form one business to another. Additional MySQL space and databases are available as an upgrade through the web hosting control panel. Intensive MySQL usage tends to produce high server loads, this is why the MySQL quotas are separate and smaller than the total disk space quota. The MySQL quota is equal to the total available disk space with other web hosting providers, but they also limit MySQL server usage through a maximum number of simultaneous connections and maximum number of queries per user per specified period of time. In other words unlimited MySQL usage is hardly available with any shared web hosting service provider, although MySQL quotas can be higher elsewhere.

5. The number of simultaneous MySQL connections to a server is limited to avoid high server load, when this number is reached websites relying on MySQL will become inaccessible. This is why poorly written scripts opening several hundreds of MySQL connections are terminated by our administrators and the users running such scripts are warned that a second instance of MySQL connection overuse will result in the termination of their account. As for your database file, there maximum file size limits of approximately 2MB for uploading files through the File Manger and PHPMyAdmin, for larger files you need to use FTP.

6. We do not offer a domain registration only reseller program. Domains are available only with new web hosting accounts or as an upgrade to existing web hosting accounts.

7. All our servers use hard drives in a RAID mirroring configuration. In addition to this there are daily data backups of changed files to a different server and a complete weekly backup of all user data. All backups are kept for one week. Files can be restored from a backup upon a customer's request.

Answers to miscellaneous questions: Additional information about the data center that we use and network connectivity is available here.
        Additional information about our servers is available at the bottom of this page.
        We do not provide search engine submission or other marketing tools. Marketing and attracting customers are the obligations of our resellers for which they receive their commission. Our responsibility includes the other aspects of the service such as billing, customer support, etc.

Comment

Ya, what Milen said! lol

Comment

I'm still unsure. Does corporate plan come with 3 free hosting domains? (assuming i set Offer FREE domain name)

The corporate plan will include 4 MySQL databases @ 45MB each or 4 databases with a total of 45MB?

Comment

As to the first part, you can offer one free domain with hosting. You can however, setup your pricing for additional upgrades, one of which is domain names, then they could host additional domains, up to 3 on the C plan... otherwise, they pay on either plan to host more than the plan allotment.

As for MB, I'm not absolutely sure, however my guess is that it is total storage for that plan, regardless whether they have one or more databases.

But I'm just guessing on that one.

Comment

tweakie, the free domain name registration is for one domain only regardless of the type of the plan Business or Corporate. To avoid any further misunderstanding, you should know that the free domain registration is free only from the end-user stan***int. Choosing to include a free domain adds $4.00 to the wholesale price of each Business or Corporate web hosting plan.

The database space allotments state the total database space available to a web hosting account that is common for all databases contained within an account. Additional databases and database space are available as paid upgrades for each web hosting account. You can set the retail prices fro these upgrades through the "Edit Upgrades" section of your reseller control panel.

Comment

So either business or corporate plan will include only 1 free domain registration.

As for corporate plan states 3 domain hosted, which means it can host up to three domains right? So how much does other 2 domains cost under the corporate plan?

Comment

So how much does other 2 domains cost under the corporate plan?
                    You tell them....

You set the pricing within your CP under upgrades, you pay wholesale, and they will pay whatever you set their retails at. Or, if they already have domains, then they just get setup under that account.

If C planner want more than that, or a B planner wants more than one, then again you sell or bring their others in, and then you charge them for additional domains at a price you set in the upgrades.

Comment

Yes. You can host 3 domains. Purchasing the domains through cPanel will be a bit high. You can normally get the domain from another source, NetFirms for example, for $9.99/yr. I of course wanted it done fast and easy so, I paid the $11.50 from the cPanel (logged in to my hosting cpanel through the reseller panel) for my last domain (no. 3) I ordered last night.

So either business or corporate plan will include only 1 free domain registration.

As for corporate plan states 3 domain hosted, which means it can host up to three domains right? So how much does other 2 domains cost under the corporate plan?

Comment

Originally posted by styme
                        I paid the $11.50 from the cPanel (logged in to my hosting cpanel through the reseller panel) for my last domain (no. 3) I ordered last night.
                        color me confused my friend... I'm not sure where you are getting your amounts.

I don't want to go into costs here, but you should be able to rock bottom the cost in the upgrades below that, or am I missing the boat

And if I am, shoot, let me know next time and I can pick them up for you (see sig - or lower if you want to do a larger quantity of names)

But again, I think you could do better inside, so maybe you'll have some commission coming your way

Comment

Thank you Milen for this info on backups, very helpfull! I just need to know a little more re what is offered with each standard shared hosting account?

I am guessing but i suspect that the backup limit is 5gb for all accounts or does it vary? I know that to add on 15gb or get 20gb total is another $2 plus/month on a business account and again I suspect this is the same across all accounts. I note the info is not shown in the free resellers control panel v2 for account setup or info but the add on does appear on the upgrades to each account.

Thanks Jumbuck.

----------------------------------------------
                          Originally posted by Milen View Post
                          Hello and welcome, tweakie!

1. The Corporate plan supports hosting of three domain names. Whether or not to include a free registration for one domain with the price of the plan is up to you as a reseller. Additional domain names can be registered as a plan upgrade through the web hosting control panel or domains registered by the account owner elsewhere can be used, considering that our DNS settings are applied. The plan can also be upgraded with support for additional domains through the web hosting control panel. Domain parking is not available.

2. Our servers do not support streaming audio and video, otherwise all other multimedia file types are acceptable, considering that the account holder has copyright over the files and file content is inline with our Terms of Service.

3. An SSL certificate is not included in the price of the web hosting plan. Customers can use certificates generated through and signed by any SSL certificate signing authority. Customers also have the option to generate self-signed SSL certificates, which are free, through the web hosting control panel. However, self-signed SSL certificates are considerably different from SSL certificates signed by a trustful signing authority in the degree of their credibility.

4. The MySQL quota provided with the web hosting plans is sufficient for the majority of small and medium-sized businesses. However, this answer is pretty subjective, since needs can vary greatly form one business to another. Additional MySQL space and databases are available as an upgrade through the web hosting control panel. Intensive MySQL usage tends to produce high server loads, this is why the MySQL quotas are separate and smaller than the total disk space quota. The MySQL quota is equal to the total available disk space with other web hosting providers, but they also limit MySQL server usage through a maximum number of simultaneous connections and maximum number of queries per user per specified period of time. In other words unlimited MySQL usage is hardly available with any shared web hosting service provider, although MySQL quotas can be higher elsewhere.

5. The number of simultaneous MySQL connections to a server is limited to avoid high server load, when this number is reached websites relying on MySQL will become inaccessible. This is why poorly written scripts opening several hundreds of MySQL connections are terminated by our administrators and the users running such scripts are warned that a second instance of MySQL connection overuse will result in the termination of their account. As for your database file, there maximum file size limits of approximately 2MB for uploading files through the File Manger and PHPMyAdmin, for larger files you need to use FTP.

6. We do not offer a domain registration only reseller program. Domains are available only with new web hosting accounts or as an upgrade to existing web hosting accounts.

7. All our servers use hard drives in a RAID mirroring configuration. In addition to this there are daily data backups of changed files to a different server and a complete weekly backup of all user data. All backups are kept for one week. Files can be restored from a backup upon a customer's request.

Answers to miscellaneous questions: Additional information about the data center that we use and network connectivity is available here.
                          Additional information about our servers is available at the bottom of this page.
                          We do not provide search engine submission or other marketing tools. Marketing and attracting customers are the obligations of our resellers for which they receive their commission. Our responsibility includes the other aspects of the service such as billing, customer support, etc.

Comment

Hi jambuck,

The post you are quoting is very old and most of the plans have been upgraded since then.

As far as I’m aware all the standard plans (Starter, Business, Corporate and Enterprise) have a daily backup schedule and data can be restored to a point in the past week.

If I’m wrong I’m sure Yan or another reseller will correct me

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                              Hi jambuck,

The post you are quoting is very old and most of the plans have been upgraded since then.

As far as I’m aware all the standard plans (Starter, Business, Corporate and Enterprise) have a daily backup schedule and data can be restored to a point in the past week.

If I’m wrong I’m sure Yan or another reseller will correct me
                              Note: This thread is from 2005.

Comment

Working...
                              X