Sftp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sftp

Hi, wanting to find out about sftp, if it exists in any standard shared hosting plan. Have searched forums and there is nothing about it or in the hespia control panel as far as i understand.

Is it obtained by purchasing SSH and then doing a set up on the server by the user. Alternatively is the hespia file manager able to use the https following the control panel login. I understand that some hosts only allow sftp on the main ftp user account and no others.

Thanks for any help shedding light on this subject, jumbuck.

hey buddy, sorry i have no idea with that. i guess you should ask live chat or let's just wait for others who might answer your question...

Comment

Hi jumbuck,

I’ve only just seen this post. Currently SSH is optional for all but the Enterprise Plan(its included as part of the plan). Once you purchase it you need to switch it on via the Hespia CP. (Advanced Tab >> SSH / Shell Access )

Once its activated, you can use your SFTP client to connect via the details given to you on the Activation Page. I use Filezillia in SFTP mode to connect and manage files on the server.

Hope this helps
      Last edited by clivejo; 24-12-2012, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Sftp

Clivejo, many thanks, the universe is still out there, i thought this was a response to tthe hespia file manager woes I posted a day or two ago, 24 Dec 12 but this post is 2 years old. I never knew that you could get sftp on SSH. Great news, its like a blindfold has been lifted. I appreciate your response. This may have some use re my file manager issues but ftp wont give access to directories outside of web root where i store some (1000+) backup files.

I guess with SSH i should have access to outside of web root files?? Thanks Rod

Comment

I posted on your other thread too! But I run a search for all the threads you started and noticed you hadn’t had a proper answer on this one.

Yes, SFTP gives access to the other files in your home folder such as stats and other stuff.

Comment

Ssh-ftp-sftp-file manager

Clivejo, thanks again for helping me to understand the things in hosting life that are not seen or easily understood. appreciate you have taken your own time to help. If i can return the favour sometime just ask. regards rod

Comment

No problem, most are questions I’ve had over the years!

Comment

Working...
              X