Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Data Center if visitors are from the Middle East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Data Center if visitors are from the Middle East?

Hi,
    What is the best Data Center to choose if website's visitors are mostly from the Middle East? UK or AU?

From looking at submarine cable maps of data links, Australia has a smaller number of connections, and mainly only to America and Asia. The UK looks like it would have better connections, to both US and Europe, with Europe having good land based connections to Middle East. If it was my choice I would go for the UK based one.

There was talk of having a demo account on each of the 3 main data centres so that speed tests could be performed, I wonder did that ever get setup?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      From looking at submarine cable maps of data links, Australia has a smaller number of connections, and mainly only to America and Asia. The UK looks like it would have better connections, to both US and Europe, with Europe having good land based connections to Middle East. If it was my choice I would go for the UK based one.

There was talk of having a demo account on each of the 3 main data centres so that speed tests could be performed, I wonder did that ever get setup?
      Thanks. And what about Sibiria and China? UK or US

Comment

Here is an interesting site detailing submarine cables. Gives a good idea of connections between continents. Of course connection map wont tell you how a server would perform as it would depend on the usage of those cables, but usually the more alternative routes the better!

Comment

Working...
        X