Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something wrong...

Good day everybody,

last night I've noticed something. My website is delta-hosting.net. That's my domain name for my store.
    I was playing with google, and found this: delta-hosting2.tk
    Now I have no problem with that. But if you go to the website, you will see a copy of my website.
    It looks like delta-hosting2.tk is being redirected to my website, or my website is copied. What is going on?
    Can someone explain to me what this means?
    I did a whois on delta-hosting2.tk, and in the attachment you can find the info

Please help.....

Dutchy
    Attached Files

Yes, its a copy of your site, displayed in a frame!!! Only difference is that they are tracking visits via Google Analytics!!!

I would block them via a .htaccess entry, maybe even direct the request to a page of your choosing to tell customers its a fake site and what your proper address is.
    Last edited by clivejo; 24-03-2014, 09:50 PM.

Comment

By the way, this is called Click-Jacking.

Adding the following line to your .htaccess file should put a stop to them displaying your page.

Code:
      Header append X-FRAME-OPTIONS "SAMEORIGIN"

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
        By the way, this is called Click-Jacking.

Adding the following line to your .htaccess file should put a stop to them displaying your page.

Code:
        Header append X-FRAME-OPTIONS "SAMEORIGIN"
        Hi Clivejo, thanks for info. Is there a special place in .htaccess where I have to put the line?
        It starts whit #begin resellerspanel....can I just write it below this line?

Dutchy

Comment

I would put it at the top, but I dont think it matters.

I searched google for that Google Analytic ID, there are thousands of sites using it. This is one big operation!!!!!!!!!! As a result I have removed the code I copied from the page in my previous post.

I dont know what this crowd are up to, but I dont like it at all Maybe someone from RSP has dealt with this before and could give you some advice?

Comment

Okay Clivejo, I did what you sugested, and the page is now blank. It works...
            I gooled a bit, and found this: https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Clickjacking
            It doesn't look good....

Thanks my man!!

Dutchy

I would put it at the top, but I dont think it matters.

I searched google for that Google Analytic ID, there are thousands of sites using it. This is one big operation!!!!!!!!!! As a result I have removed the code I copied from the page in my previous post.

I dont know what this crowd are up to, but I dont like it at all Maybe someone from RSP has dealt with this before and could give you some advice?

Comment

Here is close to 200 sites associated with that ID. I don't recommend visiting any of them. I tried one and it redirected to a different domain locked the browser functions (navigation, ability to close tab, browser) asking to update a player, had to use task manager in chrome to close tab.... For sure shady stuff here and reason enough to avoid .tk domain websites
              Last edited by clivejo; 25-03-2014, 01:11 PM. Reason: Removed URL with Google ID in it

Comment

• clivejo
                clivejo commented
                Editing a comment
                I removed the URL with the Google ID in it. Until we figure out what exactly is going on, I dont think its a good idea to mention it and let search engines index it. I hope you understand donerite, no disrespect to you personally.

• doneritehosting
                doneritehosting commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks clivejo and good thinking, That had never occurred to me... I was more thinking of the active resellers getting an Idea of the urls so they wouldn't run up on them in a search and click on one unknowingly.... No offense taken

I agree with Yan. In the screen capture you posted, there is a copyright@ email address. I would write to this email and tell them that the owners of this domain are trying to displaying your site in a frame and you have engaged counter measures to prevent it. I would also CC the registrar, the email address is on this page - http://www.dot.tk/en/report_abuse.html

Comment

Good evening Clivejo,

Yes I did sent an email complaining about it to both abuse and copyright. as to the register. No respons yet.
                I will let you know if there was taken any action. Thanks alot my man!!

Dutchy

I agree with Yan. In the screen capture you posted, there is a copyright@ email address. I would write to this email and tell them that the owners of this domain are trying to displaying your site in a frame and you have engaged counter measures to prevent it. I would also CC the registrar, the email address is on this page - http://www.dot.tk/en/report_abuse.html

Comment

speaking of trademark violations-im not able to post the urls for some reason-blocks them out-but do a search on google for the term 'godaddy chinese support'.
                  Last edited by tomtwo; 26-03-2014, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,

problem solved. Website is banned...

Thank you all for interest.

Dutchy

Comment

Any indication as to what they were up to?

Comment

Hi guys,

nope, no explanation. If you go the website, the only thing you see, is that the domain and website is suspended because of abuse or copyright reasons.
                      At least its gone now....

I'm glad I check out awstats every day. The website was active for a week or so.

Thanks Clivejo, thank you very much.

Dutchy

Comment

were they pushing you a lot of traffic via that domain?

Comment

Hi Clivejo,

no not a lot of traffic. About 100 hits. They tried to crack wp-admin password a few times.

Dutchy

Comment

Working...
                          X