Memory Fatal Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Fatal Error

I have a client who has just installed wordpress with the genesis framework them and the the wp-ecommerce plugin with another hosting company.

They keep getting a memory fatal error similar to this

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes)

and have been told by the hosting that 35mb is the highest they can have and that's what's causing the problems and that they need to upgrade to VPS for higher. They are wondering if they switch to mine will they have these problems on standard shared hosting? Do you also have a 35mb memory limit?

tks

change the limit in your php.ini configuration.

Comment

Do you mean the hosting is not affecting it ? and where is that !

Comment

what control panel you/your client is using now ?

Comment

actually they've decided to move to mine...so what do I need to do at my end to make sure they don't have this issue?

Comment

if they already helped you to solve the issue, you shouldn't worry much as it will be rarely happened after they set the new configuration for you.

Comment

No what I mean is they've moved hosting to my resellers panel hosting, cos they got fed up with the other one.. so do I need to do anything at my end to make sure they don't have the same issue?

tks

Comment

Hello newbiehoster,

The most common causes of this error are:
                1) low memory_limit inside the php.ini

OR

2) PHP script not compatible with the current PHP version running for the account

Both can be solved via the hosting control panel -> Advanced -> PHP Settings where you can choose the PHP version to use for the account, and increase the memory_limit.

Comment

That's great thanks a million

Comment

You are welcome

Comment

Working...
                    X