IP Classification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IP Classification

Just want to ask what class are the IPs in my dedicated package? This is the second time I've been ask about this question by someone hopefully a client. He would like to host 10 websites and asking if he could purchase a different Class-B IP's.

Seems a very strange question. With the exhaustion of the IPv4 address space, network classes dont tend to be an issue any more.

As a customer of RSP you will be assigned an IP address from the Data Centre you are hosted in. My VPS servers in the UK have a 46.249.192.0/20 IP address which is allocated to Pulsant, the company who own the data centre. They are also a Class A network IP.

Usually, a shared IP address is perfectly adequate for most websites. I can not understand why he would want a separate IP for each of his websites! He must have bags of money!

Comment

It seems that this same guy already ask me this same question before. Back then I offered him the dedicated hosting packages because you can purchase addition extra 9 Ip's. But I don't know if the Ip's are B class or anything I just answer him on a whim. Now seems his ready to go for an order since his asking on how to proceed for an order but I'm hesitating cause I don't know much if the Ips classes really matters.

Comment

Open up a Resellers support ticket and ask what IP range you would be assigned if you went ahead and ordered package x.

Comment

Hello.

We can assign IP Addresses from 5 different Class-B IP ranges to your Dedicated Server.

I guess this is some SEO-related presumption.

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Best Regards,
          Tom.

Comment

Working...
          X