Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is The Uptime Like

Hello,

Have a reseller account with another company but because of bad uptime thinking of moving. Sites say 99.99% but that is never the case, what is the uptime like.

Thank you.

To be honest it depends on where you pick your data centre. There are currently 3 choices

1) US
    2) UK
    3) Australia

From recent posts there has been some downtime experienced in the US DC due to a move to a new cloud platform. I dont have any accounts there so I cant say if that’s been a negative impact for resellers choosing the US data centre in the future.

I have been using the UK data centre since it was launched and I have found it to be very stable. Touch wood! So far, any problems I’ve had have been my own doing or by external attacks.

Maybe another reseller with accounts on the Australia DC can comment on its uptime.

Comment

Thanks clivejo,

Appreciate the answer, I just want to be sure do not want to make a move and it is worst than where I am.

Really don't like the repeated image verification for logged members.

Thanks again.

Comment

I know

Its to cut down on the spam, and even with those in place we get spam posts getting through! Spam really winds me up and is usually the reason why I'm short and bad tempered with people! Its the price we have to pay in order to keep the forum clean of spam and retain the community spirit Once you build up your reputation that will stop.

Back in 2004, I was hosting with a company in India. It was reasonable price wise but the customer support and downtime drove me crazy, so I understand your frustrations! The only thing I can suggest is try it and see!

You dont have to put all your eggs in the same basket. Sign up for a free resellers account, buy a plan at wholesale price and move a domain over. Monitor how it goes. Upgrading accounts is very simple, its basically pay and go!

Comment

Thanks again clivejo,

I will try your suggestion and try one account and see how it goes.

Appreciate the great help.

Comment

Just my 2 cents.

Mistomer,

I have been hosting with RSP for a number of years. Previously I had accounts with a couple of other providers and my experience there was not satisfactory at all. The support was either negligible or the support staff was rude and condescending. I found the support here much more helpful and even when I was new to hosting they took time and effort to treat me with respect, answer my questions, provide help and not treat me as a fool.

Granted that with the recent rack change there has been some associated problems but i believe in most cases that has been fixed. The only uptime problems that have affected me in the past were mostly caused by ddos attacks which haven't occurred in quite some time since they implemented some type of fix for that or hardware issues that can't be avoided no matter where you are hosted. Hardware breaks occasionally and you cannot predict or avoid that.

Having said all that, I have been extremely satisfied with RSP and would not consider moving to another service.

I also have to mention that in the past this forum has also been extremely helpful to me and others. For a while the forum degenerated into nothing more than a place to post spam. But recently with the help of clivejo and myself we have been able to combat spam and delete spam posts on a regular basis. Since I am in the US and clivejo is in the UK we have most time zones covered. And, I would also be remiss if I didn't mention donerighthosting, wjleong, duane, thestealthyone, and others that have been a huge help to new forum members with questions.

Comment

Thanks Nick,

Appreciate the honest answers from you and clivejo very much.

I will give them a try and see how it goes, my only problem might be that everyone is so accustomed to cpanel that this new panel might be intimidation.

Understand about the spam as you only want quality post.

Thanks again.

Comment

For my past experience on shared hosting, I quite dislike host in UK DC, due to the downtime.

I was moved from US to UK, then move back to US. After that I upgraded to semi-D hosting.

I've never try AU DC, so have no any idea about it, but can say US hosting is quite stable.

Anyway, if you found that any DC isn't meet your uptime request or not satisfy you, you can actually open a support ticket to have your account move to another DC for FOC.

For the support, no word to say, more than excellent in 99.9% cases.

Welcome to RSP.

Comment

Oh yes, the cPanel vs Hespia !!

Seriously, once you try Hespia you will NOT want to use cPanel again! To be honest, support wise, Hespia is far easier for new customers. Its more intuitive and better designed UI.

For seasoned cPanel users if will feel a bit strange. You think to yourself, its couldnt be that simple, could it? But is just so logical and easy to use.

You can use this link to see an actual demo of the CP

Comment

Thanks wjleong,

Seems there are a bit of conflicting evidence but might be best to test it and see how it goes. My only problem in the response is DOS attacks, does this mean their servers are always attacked?

Thanks.

Comment

I use the UK DC, and have no issues. Every week or so I get a couple of minutes of downtime reported time by email, but that's it.

I also have an account using the US DC, and also have no issues that I have seen (I don't get emails for it).

My only note is it may be a pain to transition over to RSP, because the payment has to be made for a 12 month period before the account is created. That was the only thing that worried me when I switched from a cPanel reseller, but it worked our for me.

Comment

Do you find the servers fast or slow?

Comment

I have no complaints about speed. But speed can also vary by the DC location.

Comment

Thanks djblalock and to everyone for the great help.

Question as this is my concern, in my other reseller service I have plans where persons can pay by 1, 3, 6 and 12 months but see here you must pay 12 months so how do I transfer these clients, I must pay for them for 12 months and hope to get my money back?

Would be good to be able to use different pay methods.

Comment

Originally posted by mlstomer View Post
                              Do you find the servers fast or slow?
                              my experience, shared hosting respond time much slower than semi-D. and VPS respond time slightly better than semi-D.

Comment

Working...
                              X