What is The Uptime Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlstomer View Post
    Thanks djblalock and to everyone for the great help.

Question as this is my concern, in my other reseller service I have plans where persons can pay by 1, 3, 6 and 12 months but see here you must pay 12 months so how do I transfer these clients, I must pay for them for 12 months and hope to get my money back?

Would be good to be able to use different pay methods.
    The one thing that we don't have is the ability to pay for less than 12 months at a time. This has been discussed again and again but RSP has nixed the idea for now. I personally don't have a problem with it as all my clients pay annually. Some pay directly to RSP through my store account, others pay me directly. In fact I just had a client come by my office just a few minutes ago with cash in hand. I like cash!

There have been times at the past that I have had a client cancel out before his term was over. All I did was resell the account so I wouldn't lose. The one time that I renewed an account on my own only to find out that my client had gone bankrupt in the meantime, I monetized his site (Since I had built it) by adding adsense and deleting all contact information on the site. That has repaid me many, many times over and after 3 years I still receive and will continue to receive money from Google for that site

The moral of the story is that you can always find was to recoup your money if someone bails if you just think it through.

Good luck.

Comment

Ok understand, thanks all.

What about the domains I currently host, I have to pay for all these domains myself as I use enom. Some clients have about 10+ domains as add ons that would cost me a lot to transfer all these domains.

Comment

It depends how you find the services at RSP. You could transfer them over to RSP as and when they come up for expiry. RSP have very competitive domain renewal and transfer rates, available to resellers.

As I said before, signup for a free resellers account. You have nothing to lose and get to see the wholesale rates available to you as a RSP reseller. You can then see what a domain costs to transfer, in real costs. Also, the cost of transferring the domain adds on an extra year to the registration period, so in real terms the transfer process is free as you get an extra year! You can offer plans with free domains, which get you a further discount by doing it this way!

Depending on your business model, you maybe able to share one hosting account via several smaller sites. For example, an Enterprise Plan can host many domains. (even domains 'parked' elsewhere) The only real limitation is CPU(unlimited disk space and bandwidth). You could host a number of small static websites on this plan very easily. It is tricky to set-up but can be cost effective for small sites.

Comment

Ok clivejo,

I signed up for the free account but noticed that I do not get the Wordpress templates unless I buy hosting or the Private Name Servers, I though I could just point my other domain registered with enom as a store domain to their servers and would use these templates.

Comment

The Word Press templates and plug-in need a fully functioning Word Press install. For this to work correctly you need a web hosting account. You can however set-up a domain to point to the Duo Servers page, but I personally dont like the templates and would never use them. Your web-store can be viewed at

Code:
            <your store name> . duo servers . com
            If you purchase a Starter Plan for $30 for a year, and test out the services.

Comment

What I miss when I'm not online... Lol
              Resellers panel is a great program mlstomer. $30 for starter plan, $20 for dns cluster $6 for domain $56 total annual cost plus the worpress templates are tossed in. RSP is going through alot of effort to perfect these templates and provide more designs... The last cpanel reseller account I had was $89 a month for unlimited space bandwidth and you were allowed 25% cpu usage total for your clients and your reseller site to share.You had to come up with a $100 minimum deposit for a enom domain reseller account $8.99 a month for unbranded whmcs I think plus cough up a website design and invest the time to publish it. Then provide your own support. Then the catch, You had to be tech savvy to set everything up between WHM and whmcs or speend alot of time on google learning how to.

As to the questions of uptime... The only downtime or lapse of support guarantee I have ever had of rsp since 2004 is during this cloud migration (US DC)... I used it for a excuse to upgrade to vps lol! Hespia? Ive used it so long now well what is cPanel? I personally do not want to deal with cPanel anymore... Hespia is much more Logical and simpler.

If you can work your current billing into annual only billing, you will not be making a bad business decision RSP pretty much backs their service and support guarantees with positive action..

As clivejo and everyone else has said, the proof is in the pudding... try a reseller account for yourself with custom hosting for your reseller site... Rsp convinced me 9 years ago
              Last edited by doneritehosting; 01-03-2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vlasi47gr View Post
                Mistomer,

I have been hosting with RSP for a number of years. Previously I had accounts with a couple of other providers and my experience there was not satisfactory at all. The support was either negligible or the support staff was rude and condescending. I found the support here much more helpful and even when I was new to hosting they took time and effort to treat me with respect, answer my questions, provide help and not treat me as a fool.

Granted that with the recent rack change there has been some associated problems but i believe in most cases that has been fixed. The only uptime problems that have affected me in the past were mostly caused by ddos attacks which haven't occurred in quite some time since they implemented some type of fix for that or hardware issues that can't be avoided no matter where you are hosted. Hardware breaks occasionally and you cannot predict or avoid that.

Having said all that, I have been extremely satisfied with RSP and would not consider moving to another service.

I also have to mention that in the past this forum has also been extremely helpful to me and others. For a while the forum degenerated into nothing more than a place to post spam. But recently with the help of clivejo and myself we have been able to combat spam and delete spam posts on a regular basis. Since I am in the US and clivejo is in the UK we have most time zones covered. And, I would also be remiss if I didn't mention donerighthosting, wjleong, duane, thestealthyone, and others that have been a huge help to new forum members with questions.
                Thanks for the honorable mention vlasi

You and clivejo do a wonderful job!

Comment

Everyone here has been so helpful, thanks for the great support, will buy the plan and test it out.

Comment

But I can use my own wordpress template I do not need to use theirs. As there are not many and would like to look different.

Comment

Let us know how you get on. Any problems you can use the support ticket system from your Hespia Control Panel, or come here and ask us! Or both!!!

Usually when we put our heads together we find a solution

EDIT : Some heads are bigger than others
                      Last edited by clivejo; 01-03-2013, 01:46 AM.

Comment

You are welcome mlstomer, Glad to see you in the forums and best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                          Let us know how you get on. Any problems you can use the support ticket system from your Hespia Control Panel, or come here and ask us! Or both!!!

Usually when we put our heads together we find a solution

EDIT : Some heads are bigger than others
                          Mines Small clivejo

Comment

Working...
                          X