Couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of questions

1.- Can I customize the wordpress theme?
    2.- Can I give support to my clients instead of you?
    3.- Can I add staff?
    4.- Will I remain fully anonymous or will my clients know I'm a reseller?

Hello,

You have full access to the content of your WordPress based store and can customize it as you want. Note however that in order to keep your customizations after an update of the ResellersPanel plugin you will have to mark the modified pages to not be updated from the ResellersPanel > Pages section of the WordPress dashboard.

By default the billing and the support of your clients is handled from us. If you want to support your clients yourself and still use our billing system, you can create custom shared hosting plans and set the "Customer Support" to "Own Support" from the plan features. This way the tickets opened from your clients will be send to your reseller account. Who will answer those tickets ( you or your staff member ) is something that you should consider further.

The goal of the free reseller program is to represent the reseller as the actual hosting provider. Using different features like your custom domain, store, branding, private DNS cluster and etc. we are constantly trying to improve the reseller's brand. Even when we support your clients we are introducing ourselves as members of your company.

If you have further questions about the free reseller program you can always open a support ticket from your reseller control panel and we will answer within the hour.

Best Regards,
    Cvetan Ivanov

Comment

Originally posted by mushmellow View Post
      1.- Can I customize the wordpress theme?
      2.- Can I give support to my clients instead of you?
      3.- Can I add staff?
      4.- Will I remain fully anonymous or will my clients know I'm a reseller?
      From a Resellers point of view :

1) Yes, you can customise any theme, the recommended way is to use a child theme to override and customise one of the provided ones. This way your changes don't get trashed when you make an upgrade to the theme.
      2) Yes, as a reseller you can configure this in the account settings. However, I have found that RSP support is way faster and provides a better response than I could ever give. I would have to provide great resources at considerable cost to provide what I can get for free. But if you really want to do down this route, it is very easy to do and the "reseller login" feature is great to be able to just go into the control panel and sort out any issues.
      3) I don't think it is possible to add different log in's for staff members. You would all have to share access to the Reseller's Control Panel. I have never tried to have multiple people using the Resellers CP at the same time, so not sure if this is actually possible.
      4) Unfortunately, it is not possible to remain complete anonymous, for example emails are sent out with your branding, but a quick lookup of where the email actually came from could give clues. Also, the payment processing has to be in the name of the company the money is going to (international laws/regulation), so unless you build your own billing system there could be clues there. Whois records also give clues that you might be a reseller.

Comment

Mushmello, If you have the resources available to provide your own support staff I would certainly look into RSP's Unlimited cpanel reseller plans. With the recent cloudlinux updates https://blog.resellerspanel.com/cpan...r-program.html most features are there hepsia provides ( except the file manager, hepsia will always kill cpanel there ) Can always use the vps thru dedicated servers off the free program as an upgrade path if needed. Can't go wrong there.

Comment

Working...
        X