Web signups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web signups

I have been a reseller for over 10 years as I have found their service, support and feature sets the best value added complement to my web design business. I promote via three sites and according to the stats Unique Vistors are approaching 3000 a month - however : I have never had a successful unattended new signup. I have had to assist every single one of my hosting customers - even friends and family. The Free Trial period which is mandatory has only made it worse. Unless they are guided potential customers get confused - though they do manage to handle the renewals by themselves. Many of my new customers are those who want to break free of GoDaddy and Co but unless I help them over phone or do the signup for them they give up. People who use Free Trials rarely use their real data - I don't so at the end of 30 days they will go elsewhere as they rarely have anything tangible to make them stay. Am I alone with this experience ? I have another multi site customer who's been trying to signup without my assistance for 2 weeks - and have managed two free trials that they aren't entirely convinced about without my reassurance.

Credit where its due - the best control panel, the best value for money, the best support staff and the best feature set. I wouldn't use anybody else but the unattended web signup process is holding us all back. When will this get a make over ?
    Last edited by Million Nick; 18-02-2018, 09:07 PM.

As far as I understand RSP does not offer a free trail. They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee. However, you do have to provide real details and you do have to pay for the services in advance. Basically, the reason for this is to prevent people who abuse the free offer and could dispute the service for other customers. Therefore, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Where is this Free Trial ? Are you talking about Resellers Panel?
    Last edited by clivejo; 21-02-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
      As far as I understand RSP does not offer a free trail. They do offer a 30 day money back guarantee. However, you do have to provide real details and you do have to pay for the services in advance. Basically, the reason for this is to prevent people who abuse the free offer and could dispute the service for other customers. Therefore, I don't understand what you are trying to say. Where is this Free Trial ? Are you talking about Resellers Panel?
      Hi Clivejo, the 30 day guarantee is not an issue. The Free Trial account is a more recent introduction - I raised a support ticket to opt out of it last year see quote of response below:

"30 day trial period is only a test version without the complete services and resources which the account provides.

Once the client pays the complete price the account is completely active.
      "

I am LiquidNet/RSP reseller. I use the storemaster theme see store link

People who use free test accounts quite often use use dummy data for the test. At the end of the trial period they would have to be very motivated to create a valid account and complete payment details. I have to direct sell my sign-ups and this is a confusing step for customers who try to do the signup unassisted

Comment

Thanks for your response yav0r. I can see your side of it. From our side we have to look at ways to increase conversions from visitors to sign ups by working with what we have. Will have to evaluate the CPanel option and what if any pain would be involved in the migration. As it stands we love Hespia, the support and the billing and wouldn't want to lose those.

Comment

If I may Yav hdelroy has a point. So much information is being put on one signup page its confusing for a newbie to signup for the services. Could I suggest a free trial signup button be added along with a purchase services button for consideration? I realize this would create the need for about 3 more signup pages to focus on a free trial its alot of coding, but... A confused potentual client will not order anything. I realize RSP is the provider but these people trying to signup are not just RSP clients They are our own clients too, we recruited them. We want to make money too Yav.
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 23-02-2018, 10:02 PM.

Comment

clivejo, naughty naughty, we offer a 30 day free trial on cloud hosting and semi-dedicated hosting services these days

Comment

I was going to make fun of clive for not knowing about the free trials, but of course, donerite beat us to it as you said, Yav, LOL!

Comment

I understand Yav.. Ok another suggestion. have the signup page broken down into like 3 different pages

hosting plans - there would be plenty of room for detailed instructions and information on free trials
                register / host domains - Again plenty of room for instructions and some upselling for domains here
                account owner details - last chance for some upselling. b4 account signup.

Broken down into 3 pages the information presented may not be so overwhelming for a newbie and there be room for clear instructions on each page.

Comment

I agree with donerite on that 3 page breakdown suggestion. That would work marvelously for all involved.

Comment

I have checked the following...

- Sitegr
                    - Inmot
                    - HG
                    - Dream
                    - Blue
                    - S5
                    - iPag
                    - GreenG
                    - Jag PC
                    - A2
                    - GD
                    - WPEng

No free trials to bee seen. I guess they missed the Free Trials Increase Sales Over MBG memo?

Please post any that you find/know of.
                    NOTE: "Free" trials that require a credit card information don't count (although I have yet to find any of those, either).

Comment

I wasn't mentioning those sites from a reseller stand-point as if they are better options for resellers, I was mentioning them from a marketing stand-point. These companies spend most of their time calculating out how to get more NEW customers than they do on customer service.

So if you look at their marketing models, you can bet a nice bankroll what they are doing (or not doing) is a good indication of what maximizes profits and new customers. None of them are doing free trials. That's insightful.

Comment

Originally posted by vrepub View Post
                        I have checked the following...

- Sitegr
                        - Inmot
                        - HG
                        - Dream
                        - Blue
                        - S5
                        - iPag
                        - GreenG
                        - Jag PC
                        - A2
                        - GD
                        - WPEng

No free trials to bee seen. I guess they missed the Free Trials Increase Sales Over MBG memo?

Please post any that you find/know of.
                        NOTE: "Free" trials that require a credit card information don't count (although I have yet to find any of those, either).

Far as I'm concerned those are individual companies that have been established for years and have done their own marketing tactics over those years to build their client base and reputation. You have to remember RSP has been in the reseller business 15 years and have worked hard to build their own reputation and reseller client base. However The new reseller that signs up has 0 reputation and 0 clients most of the time and also most of the time with a low budget for marketing much less hire any staff. RSP is taking a huge hit on resources and manpower for providing client side support alongside providing free trials to give a new reseller a great promotional incentive for new customers to try the services of a new reseller with reputation or not.

I give thumbs up for what RSP has done and I thought it would be obvious as to why they done it.

Sorry to jump in on it like this Yav but had to give my opinion. If I'm off base correct me as you always do!

PS GD is not one to throw in here for comparison. GD made themselves taking huge losses offering unreal domain name promotions, not promoting hosting. Their hosting SU*CKed until they purchased Media Temple and adopted their control panel IE moved towards pure cPanel itself. Their are a few GD resellers in here maybe 1 or 2 will jump in.
                        Last edited by doneritehosting; 12-04-2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Oh, I like this Yav guy! He has the same approach to life as I do! Hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X