Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Affiliate Program - ResellersPanel Discussion

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affiliate Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff harassment could cause account termination as well, right? Not just Resellers but also any type of hosting?

Comment

Originally posted by TylerGillen View Post
      Staff harassment could cause account termination as well, right? Not just Resellers but also any type of hosting?
      That would make sense. Also client harassment by the reseller should be a caust to termination of the resellers' account

Comment

Yea, I would be curious to know how many cases of that have come in. Some of the resellers harassing the clients to upgrade their plans and such.

Comment

Yet, I bet they cannot due much as they are OUR clients. So they really couldn't really suspend our account when I come to think about it. Yet, they may but what I remember they claim them as our members so we can do whatever we want. Yet, maybe it is to a certain extent, I'm not exactly sure. That is quite a good topic...

Comment

I think "technically" they are RSP's client's, but I don't know i did not read the TOS.

Comment

Well when I asked them once if I could contact them (my clients) they said they were my clients and I could do whatever I want. Yet, it could be to a certain extent, not quite sure how that works. Hopefully Milen can help us out on that one.

Comment

My clients all have my personal e-mail and all but 1 has my home phone number, there is nothing wrong with contacting them. I always offer my contact info, and I send them news about upgrades and improved services, at that time I may offer incentives to renew!
                If you could'nt contact them, how would you reply to the contact form on our stores!!
                However harrassing them was the concern,,,,and you should never harass anybody !

:

Quote from the last paragraph of the privcey policy.
                WHY DO WE NEED THIS INFORMATION?
                Your registration information is needed to operate the site, to provide support for your account, for statistical purposes, etc. XXYHosting will not send you any unsolicited information, including e-mail, except as mentioned below. New Customers will receive a XXY Hosting welcome letter explaining the features provided by the service. XXY Hosting may also send periodic member letters to announce important service changes, new features, technical issue updates and news about the Service. XXY Hosting keeps your personally identifiable information private and does not share it with any unauthorized third parties.
                Last edited by Guest; 30-03-2007, 03:07 PM. Reason: added info, and removed a comment

Comment

Staff harassment could cause account termination as well, right?
                  Definitely.

Not just Resellers but also any type of hosting?
                  If a reseller harasses LiquidNet staff, his\her reseller account will be terminated. The same applies to the hosting accounts of the reseller, if there are any. According to the Reseller Agreement upon its termination all clients of a reseller whose account has been terminated will default to LiquidNet.

Yea, I would be curious to know how many cases of that have come in. Some of the resellers harassing the clients to upgrade their plans and such.
                  There have not been many cases of resellers harassing LiquidNet staff or his\her clients (the later one is plain stupid, since the reseller risks to alienate his\her clients and consequently lose them). However, if a client contacts LiquidNet staff with a harassment or a spamming complaint against his\her reseller, and our investigation confirms the validity of the complaint, we will act accordingly.

So they really couldn't really suspend our account when I come to think about it.
                  Wrong assumption\conclusion.

Yet, they may but what I remember they claim them as our members so we can do whatever we want.
                  Not quite everything.

Well when I asked them once if I could contact them (my clients) they said they were my clients and I could do whatever I want. Yet, it could be to a certain extent, not quite sure how that works. Hopefully Milen can help us out on that one.
                  Again, not quite everything. Reseller can log into the hosting accounts of their clients and have access to the contact details of their clients, including their clients’ e-mail addresses. However, using this contact information to approach the client with solicitations of upgrading or purchasing additional services might be considered as spam by the client and might be reported to the LiquidNet staff. Therefore thread wisely on this ground.

P.S. Everything that you have asked has been already addressed in the Reseller Agreement and the Web Hosting Terms of Service. I advise you to read both documents very carefully once again.

P.P.S. Avoid making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. It is considered to be a display of poor forum communication manners. If you need to add anything to your last post in the thread use the Edit option.
                  Last edited by Milen; 30-03-2007, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Sorry about that and thanks for your help and conclusion on this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                      If a reseller harasses LiquidNet staff, his\her reseller account will be terminated. The same applies to the hosting accounts of the reseller, if there are any. According to the Reseller Agreement upon its termination all clients of a reseller whose account has been terminated will default to LiquidNet.
                      Thanks for the information..

Comment

It would be curious to know how many cases they have left, and some of the distributors of harassing customers to update their plans and such.

indian sarees online

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                          Definitely.

Reseller can log into the hosting accounts of their clients and have access to the contact details of their clients, including their clients’ e-mail addresses. However, using this contact information to approach the client with solicitations of upgrading or purchasing additional services might be considered as spam by the client and might be reported to the LiquidNet staff. Therefore thread wisely on this ground.
                          I don't think it is unreasonable for resellers to email their customers to inform them of new services etc. As long as there is no pressure and as long as all such emails have an 'opt' out facility that the client can evoke and which the resellers adheres to.

However, I take the point that by definition this could be considered as SPAM.

Can I therefore suggest, as part of the new resellers admin control panel and store order form that we seek the clients consent when placing an order via a 'tick' box - agreeing to receive occasional service updates etc from the reseller's BRANDED name store.

The result of this ‘tick’ box could then be displayed in the new resellers admin control panel - next to each client on their 'client list' [EG: Yes or No - under a column headed 'Mailing List' or something]

Resellers who wished to promote their services to clients could do so to all those with a 'Yes' in the column - without fear of being accused of SPAM.

However, resellers would also need the option to change a clients status in the client admin list from Yes to No - for any client that returns an UNSUBSCRIBE email - to ensure they do not receive emails in the future which of course would be regarded as SPAM.

Just a thought guys - any comments from other resellers welcome.

PS: It does say is our stores T&C's -
                          "XXY Hosting may also send periodic member letters to announce important service changes, new features, technical issue updates and news about the Service."

So it seems we are covered here - to email clients on most things anyway.
                          Last edited by index.html; 09-02-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

It is very frustrating distributors are harassing customers to update their plans.

Orthohin

Comment

Working...
                            X