Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT! Customer support service – what resellers can do to improve it?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT! Customer support service – what resellers can do to improve it?

Dear Valued Resellers,

Here an example of an issue that we often face:
    A reseller has disabled the Upgrades foe his\her client’s control panel. However, the client wants to register a domain or to renew his\her plan or to make an upgrade and he\she cannot do this. So, the client contacts us through a ticket. In this case we have two options:
    1. We can temporarily enable the Upgrades, so the client can purchase what he\she wants, but this is not a good idea, since we can influence some agreement between the reseller and the client about which we do not know.
    2. We can send the ticket to the reseller and wait for him\her to talk with the client. The problem is that often the reseller does not reply at all, which can hurt the client’s interests and we (both the reseller and Resellers Panel) can lose this client.

Since both options are far from perfect, here are two suggestions that could resolve the issue within the limits of the current system:
    1. We could add to the Reseller Agreement that that if a reseller does not reply to a ticket forwarded to him\her within 36 hours, we will activate the Upgrades menu in the client’s web hosting control panel.
    2. We could add an option, when the reseller deactivates the Upgrades menu in the client’s web hosting control panel, the reseller could leave a comment about what should we do if a client asks us how to order an upgrade/renewal, etc.

There is also another issue:
    We have added a Visit Store link to the web hosting control panel, which leads to the reseller store, so the clients can always check what are the prices, plans, support information, etc. at the reseller store. Within a few weeks we will introduce the option for ordering new web hosting accounts directly through the web hosting control panel. We can add a feature for deactivating either of these options through the reseller control panel similar to the Upgrades section (resellers have already asked us whether we can add such a feature for the Visit store link), however, especially for the Visit store link, this is not a very good idea, since its presence is meant to increase the client’s confidence that the reseller’s store is active and contains contact information (telephone numbers, LiveChat link, etc.), which we think should be available to the client.

Since we would like to resolve these issues as soon as possible, we ask all resellers to provide their feedback on what would be the best solution for them and their business. Any other suggestions on improving the customer service are also welcome.

Best Regards,
    Resellers Panel Team

My personal opinion on this is.. If a reseller wishes to gain sales, renewals and additional sales from their clients. They should not disable upgrades.. This is in my opinion an unnecessary feature. It doesn't make much sense to disable the upgrades in terms of possible sales increases.Why do we have this feature anyways? It seems to me a reseller would be cutting his throat by disabling the upgrade option.

Just my opinion, I am sure there are some that disable upgrades. My question would be, why is it necessary to disable them?

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
      2. We could add an option, when the reseller deactivates the Upgrades menu in the client’s web hosting control panel, the reseller could leave a comment about what should we do if a client asks us how to order an upgrade/renewal, etc.
      I like this above option best, it gives more freedom to the resellers. It should be included in the agreement though, that should the instructions given by a reseller be unreasonable or unable to be understood, then the 36 hours will kick in.

I celebrate the introduction of purchasing new accounts through the control panel. This will increase the experience of some of my clients definitely! While I won't be disabling this feature, I recommend allowing us to if need be. My reasoning for this is, it is highly possible for us to sell plans to people on a face-to-face basis only, and for a reseller who does this, they may not want purchases to occur through the RSP system.

There are other reasons too why a reseller may not want purchases to work through RSP. For example a reseller may want to directly bill and invoice a client themselves. In my country, if I bill there are different tax obligations than if I have RSP bill and then receive the profit from RSP.

Cheers,
      Leigh
      Last edited by syownet; 28-07-2007, 02:18 PM.

Comment

If you decide to allow clients to purchase new hosting accounts directly through the hosting CP, please add an option in the reseller CP to disable this feature.

Resellers may have certain hosting plans available at their store, but more plans may be activated in the reseller CP (e.g. to cater for clients with older plans not longer on offer).

This is also important for resellers that bill their own clients and manually order hosting accounts.

Hope I make sense..

Comment

I like the plan that if you deactivate the Upgrades menu they have 36 hours to respond. I do not deactivate the Upgrades menu so it does not effect me.

I think the option for ordering new web hosting accounts directly through the web hosting control panel is a great idea.

Comment

I do not disable the upgrades either!!!

Comment

For the first matter, could the solution be comprised of a hybrid of the options 1 and 2. For instance, if the reseller does not say what to do when they disable the upgrades, the ticket is forwarded to the reseller?

As for the second matter, I don't really have a preference.

Comment

Option #2 seems reasonable to me.

This is a benefit to resellers in 2 ways...

1. Allows for additional anonymity as ALL sales can then be handled by the reseller, thus elevating most of the L*i*q*u*i*d*N*e*t invoices that, in some cases, can confuse a client.

2. Will enable those resellers that prefer NOT to wait for reseller commissions to collect their 'cut' directly from the client right away rather than wait for the PayPal payment or check from RP.

Comment

Get rid of feature disable

I think the most logical and simple plan would be to quite allowing resellers to disable the upgrades menu.. I too see no effective purpose in allowing it in the first place..

Comment

I never worked out why any one would want to disable the upgrade option. In the last couple of months I think I have made more from existing client upgrades than new client sales.

36 hours (1 and 1/2 days) to respond is a long time if your trying to upgrade, plenty of time to look for an alternative solution, so I tend to agree with Wicked.

Comment

The probable reason why some reseller disable the upgrade option is because some of them deals directly to their clients.. meaning.. if client wants an upgrade.. reseller do it manually(pay them with their own credit card) and get their clients money(cash or check) outright and need not wait for 30++ days..before it can be credited to them as commission..

Another reason maybe is because their clients pay them in check.. this usually are the preferred payment scheme by businesses rather than credit card payment due to accounting practices..

The good thing about this is that reseller do interact with their client regularly thereby strengthening the reseller-client relation..

IMHO.. the decision to enable/disable the upgrade option should be left to the reseller to decide..

and as to the 2 options presented above.. I agree to the 2 suggestions presented by Milen

Alvin

Comment

nope

Now that I hear some reasons that people use it I feel more compelled to say the 36 hour rule... Either way for me it will not matter what choice is picked because I always leave upgrades on..

Comment

Whoops, I said I don't turn upgrades off, but I do turn it off for some of my reseller accounts.

I use a whole discount code/coupon system, and so when someone signs up with a discount code, they are on a reseller account of mine where they can't upgrade or renew (but they can buy domains or services).

My reason for this is all my discounts are only for the first year. So I don't want them to be able to renew at their discounted rate once logging in. I then get their account moved over to my master account, where they can then upgrade, with my full prices .

So yeah, I definitely want to suggest option 2 so that us resellers can instruct support what to say. But I also think its appropriate if the instructions are left blank, that the 36 hours comes into play. Because for my business, if RSP enabled the upgrades on a client who used a discount code, i'd lose money, a lot of money.

Cheers,
                          Leigh

Comment

I would choose the option 1,resellers have to reply within 36 hours.
                            In this case we can easily set up the tactics for different times,season,promotion period and others.

but we usually not disable upgrade/renew option

Comment

Thank you everyone for the feedback. I will forward it to the management and development teams. Of course, more feedback is also welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X