Cname records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cname records

We really need the ability to add cname records from within the hosting control panels.

I have clients that want to use Google hosted apps but can't because of the inability to add cname records to their domain names.

Thanx,
    Art

Yes, I had a client this week that was very surprised that cname records could not be used with us.

Comment

I've requested this before but had it rejected. It definitely needs to be added though. It's a basic requirement.

Comment

CNAME Records

Yep, I just want to second this request!

Comment

Unfortunately, we do not plan to introduce support CNAME record support.
          Last edited by Milen; 15-10-2007, 11:38 PM. Reason: Added a missing negative

Comment

That's great news . I'm not sure why you say unfortunately, Milen.

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
              I'm not sure why you say unfortunately, Milen.
              Because I missed the negative in my previous post. Unfortunately, this is how misunderstandings happen .

Comment

Doh

Comment

fortune

Hi,
                  I'm here...
                  LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE EVOLUTION OF A REVOLUTION WHICH BRINGS FORTUNE FOR EVERY1.

Any one need link to free 250MB Linux space with NO Ad's can pm me.

Comment

Lost clients

It is sad that full dns management is not going to be offered here.

When I informed my client that he would have to transfer his domain name to a regular/full service domain name registrar in order to use Google apps, he found that all of them (Godaddy, namecheap etc.) also offer hosting along with a domain name registration that has full dns management.

So it looks like I might loose this client because he cannot use Google apps with his domain here

Comment

i really wish support to edit CNAME records was possible =/

Comment

Originally posted by rtcwls View Post
                        So it looks like I might loose this client because he cannot use Google apps with his domain here
                        This is very unfortunate, however, introducing support for changeable CNAME records would require significant changes to our system. Currently, a very small percentage of hosting customers require this functionality, making the required changes unreasonable, considering the expenses necessary for adding such functionality.

Comment

Working...
                        X