Bad news to abandon Wordpay which is multi-language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news to abandon Wordpay which is multi-language

This was bad news for me and my future clients who are not native English speakers. WordPay shows the payment processing automatically in the language of the viewer. PayPal does not.

maxa, WorldPay's conditions make it unreasonable for us to continue to use them as a payment gateway in the future. However, as far as I know, PayPal does include localization and support for a number of languages used in Europe like Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish. Granted these are not all languages spoken in Europe, but I guess as PayPal usage in European countries speaking other languages increases, support for these languages will be added as well.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, there are some countries which Paypal does not accept payments from at this time that RSP reseller might sell to. No?

Will there be an option on the checkout page to use 2Checkout instead of Paypal?

Comment

Originally posted by toolsavvy View Post
        If I am not mistaken, there are some countries which Paypal does not accept payments from at this time that RSP reseller might sell to. No?
        PayPal payments can be sent from 190 countries in the world, which is probably the most comprehensive list supported by a payment gateway. PayPal payments can be received in a smaller (though still impressive) number of countries in the world.

Will there be an option on the checkout page to use 2Checkout instead of Paypal?
        No, as far as I know. We will continue to use 2Checkout payment links that our sales staff can send to clients that are not able to pay through PayPal for some reason.

Comment

I strongly oppose this move .

PayPal doesn't support my country, which is the 2nd biggest country in the SouthAsia region. I think whole of SouthAsia region isn't covered by PayPal except India & Maldives.

And also, I believe that many online consumers have alot of issues with paypal, that leads to the personal vendetta between them and paypal. That's why sites like this "paypalsucks.com" existed.

I'm of this opinion, that RSP should discuss here on this forum with the resellers before making such moves. Because, Resellers are the ones that get most affected by such moves.

This isn't the valid argument that because the RSP is offering Free reseller service, they can do whatever they like. I don't consider it free. We are the ones that are driving the profit to RSP. We are part of the equation.

We are basing our whole business structure on the RSP service. How can RSP do this without even consulting us.

Comment

Shahper, you must understand that Paypal is used as the "billing processor". That means, credit cards etc. would still be able to be used. RSP isn't saying that the only payment option is by Paypal. When you say Paypal doesn't "support" your country, what do you mean by that? Which country are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by shahper View Post
              I strongly oppose this move .

PayPal doesn't support my country, which is the 2nd biggest country in the SouthAsia region.
              See. This is what I was talking about.

Originally posted by drummerboy View Post
              Shahper, you must understand that Paypal is used as the "billing processor". That means, credit cards etc. would still be able to be used.
              Interesting. I would love to see who is right here.

RSP isn't saying that the only payment option is by Paypal.
              True, but Paypal will be the only payment option available in the normal checkout process, as I understand it. If a customer would like to use 2Checkout instead, they would have to first contact the sales department. This is a pain in the behind for the customer and could reduce sales (even if just slightly) and it's is not a contributor to a smooth marketing/sales process to have to ask for other payment options which could be easily implemented into the electronic online checkout process in the first place.

All payment options should be offered during the checkout process.

Comment

Go PayPal! I am in full support of this change.

Comment

Originally posted by syownet View Post
                  Go PayPal! I am in full support of this change.

Can you please fully explain why? I mean, I can understand not minding the change, but "fully supporting" it sounds kinda strange to me. Seems almost as if you have something to gain from RSP dropping WorldPay.

Please explain.

Comment

To my knowledge the payment will show up as Paypal on my clients invoices, instead of LiquidNet.

Comment

To my knowledge the payment will show up as Paypal on my clients invoices, instead of LiquidNet.
                      Aaaah. I see. You and I think a like sometimes . While you were posting your last post here on this thread, I was posting a new thread about this very same thing here...

Care to comment on that thread on how you think RSP will handle this?

Comment

I think whole of SouthAsia region isn't covered by PayPal except India & Maldives.
                        Actually this is wrong. PayPal payments are accepted from 14 out of the 20 countries in South and Southeast Asia, namely: Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Maldives, Nepal, the Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam or 70% of countries in the region by number, which is still a I suppose a wider coverage than the one provided by any other payment gateway. The countries in this region, from which PayPal does not accept payments are: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, East Timor, Iran, Myanmar and Pakistan. Of these at least half are countries with which the USA (PayPal is a US company) has tough diplomatic relations and East Timor is not recognized by the United Nations. Unfortunately, it is not like prospective clients from these countries are currently storming us either.

And also, I believe that many online consumers have alot of issues with paypal, that leads to the personal vendetta between them and paypal. That's why sites like this "paypalsucks.com" existed.
                        Every payment gateway would have opponents and defenders and PayPal is not an exception here. It seems quite natural that being probably the most popular online payment gateway it would have the largest number of opponents as well. However, other payment gateways have their share of dissatisfied clients too. From our own experience with WorldPay, for instance, I would say that they have the tendency to cancel payments without explanation and without providing the opportunity to negotiate the canceled payment, even if the client had already approved it. Also, as I had already mentioned previously WorldPay’s conditions have changed quite unfavorably making it unreasonable to keep them as a payment gateway any further. So leaving WorldPay was a purely practical business decision, though by no means an easy one.

Shahper, you must understand that Paypal is used as the "billing processor". That means, credit cards etc. would still be able to be used. RSP isn't saying that the only payment option is by Paypal. When you say Paypal doesn't "support" your country, what do you mean by that? Which country are you from?
                        True, but Paypal will be the only payment option available in the normal checkout process, as I understand it. If a customer would like to use 2Checkout instead, they would have to first contact the sales department. This is a pain in the behind for the customer and could reduce sales (even if just slightly) and it's is not a contributor to a smooth marketing/sales process to have to ask for other payment options which could be easily implemented into the electronic online checkout process in the first place.
                        All payment options should be offered during the checkout process.
                        Credit card payments will still be available for clients willing to pay this way, of course. However, credit card payments will also pass through PayPal as a payment gateway as PayPal supports credit card payments. For those clients that are not able to pay though PayPal either through their PayPal account or with a credit card, 2CheckOut payment links will be provided per request as an alternative payment method. However, 2CheckOut payments will not be available as an option on the order forms by default as we do not want to encourage payments through 2CheckOut, because billing expenses for these payments are considerably higher than those incurred with PayPal payments.

I am not sure that this is true, but I will try to verify it with our Marketing Department (if the information is available at this time, of course). At the moment, invoices issued for payments made through PayPal include LiquidNet Ltd.

Comment

On my CC when I pay with Paypal, LiquidNet doesn't appear on my CC statement, just 'Paypal', even though the invoice includes LiquidNet. Because technically I'm paying Paypal, to send the money to LiquidNet. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                            However, 2CheckOut payments will not be available as an option on the order forms by default as we do not want to encourage payments through 2CheckOut, because billing expenses for these payments are considerably higher than those incurred with PayPal payments
                            That's very understandable seeing how last time I checked 2CO's discount rate it is at 5.25% (which is outrageous, to say the least).

Comment

Unfortunately, it is not like prospective clients from these countries are currently storming us either.
                              Little drops make the mighty ocean. You can't just ignore them.

I've some simple suggestions.

1. Why don't you offer moneybookers as a cc processor in addition to paypal. (I think it's free.)

2. If you can't go with option "1", then just simply provide a link in order page, "Don't want to pay with PayPal", Clicking the link user should see a link "Pay with 2CO".(all that using AJAX). I hope you understand my point.

I'm looking forward to hear from you on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X