Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File editor in new File Manager is degraded

Hello,

The new file editing function is really bad news. I very often use it to change the php.ini in the sys folder (which can not be reached via ftp) and before i could search the file using the browser's search function and easily edit the part I want. Now since the new editor opens in a small popup windows without controls, it is not possible to search the file anymore
    I must copy its content to another file, search, do my editing, and than paste back!
    PLease change it back to how it was!
    Last edited by maxa; 29-04-2008, 03:24 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Yes, this does sound quite disturbing. I think I dont like the new version already! It's just impossible to do what you're trying to do, and when I grow I will most definately not be happy when I have to change things around as you do. I absolutely hate copying and pasting just to change one little word. It is one of those things that will usually come close to ticking me off. Aside from that, I like what I hear about the new file manager, even though I havent had the chance to test it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by wmghori
      Which browser you are using?

Browser search function is working fine Opera web browser. Did you tried F3 key?
      Ah, F3 works. Thanks for the tip!

(I use Firefox)

Comment

The old File Manager is still operational and accessible on the servers, if you do not like the new one for some reason. To access the old File Manager, just remove the 2 after filemanager in the URL.

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
          The old File Manager is still operational and accessible on the servers, if you do not like the new one for some reason. To access the old File Manager, just remove the 2 after filemanager in the URL.
          I can not copy files the way I did before, not even using the old File Manager the way you describe above. Browser is freezing when I try to copy many folders at once to another folder. This was no problem before the "upgrade". In ticket #136862 I got the answer that the new File Manager can't handle as many files as the old one, but as I said, I tried it now with the old URL, ad it does not work either.

Why is this?

Comment

maxa, several bugs in the new file manager (including ones related to XML parsing under IE7, but it might have affected Firefox, as well, and to issues with encoding under languages other than English) have been fixed with the latest file manager update. Check whether the issue that you have encountered has been resolved, as well. If not, please use the support ticket that you have opened to request that the issue is forwarded to a developer for a closer inspection and testing.

By the way, you can use the new file manager to upload compressed files and unpack them directly on the server, instead of uploading multiple single files. You could try this method, to see if it suits your needs, however, please have in mind that when you unpack the compressed files in a directory on the server and it contains files with names matching the names of files in the compressed archive, the files on the server will be overwritten with the ones from the archive.

Comment

After the upgrade, it works just fine!

Great job!

maxa, several bugs in the new file manager (including ones related to XML parsing under IE7, but it might have affected Firefox, as well, and to issues with encoding under languages other than English) have been fixed with the latest file manager update. Check whether the issue that you have encountered has been resolved, as well. If not, please use the support ticket that you have opened to request that the issue is forwarded to a developer for a closer inspection and testing.

By the way, you can use the new file manager to upload compressed files and unpack them directly on the server, instead of uploading multiple single files. You could try this method, to see if it suits your needs, however, please have in mind that when you unpack the compressed files in a directory on the server and it contains files with names matching the names of files in the compressed archive, the files on the server will be overwritten with the ones from the archive.

Comment

Originally posted by maxa View Post
                I can not copy files the way I did before, not even using the old File Manager the way you describe above. Browser is freezing when I try to copy many folders at once to another folder. This was no problem before the "upgrade". In ticket #136862 I got the answer that the new File Manager can't handle as many files as the old one, but as I said, I tried it now with the old URL, ad it does not work either.
                There is still the same problem with this account. Copying a whole folder does not work. The browser gives this error after a couple of minutes.
                Error: the XML response that was returned from the server is invalid.
                Received:

Comment

maxa, as far as I can see, this account has exhausted its disk space quota (only 0.16MB of 25000MB are available). This might be the reason for the error you have encountered. Ask your client to remove some unnecessary files. If this does not resolve the issue, please report this in the ticket that you have opened or open a new one, so that my colleagues from the support team could investigate the issue and escalate it to a system administrator or a developer if necessary.

Comment

maxa, as far as I can see, this account has exhausted its disk space quota (only 0.16MB of 25000MB are available). This might be the reason for the error you have encountered. Ask your client to remove some unnecessary files. If this does not resolve the issue, please report this in the ticket that you have opened or open a new one, so that my colleagues from the support team could investigate the issue and escalate it to a system administrator or a developer if necessary.
                    Sorry for that. Now the account was upgraded to Enterprise, but the problem remains the same... I reported it in the ticket.

Comment

Working...
                    X