HostGator & monthly billing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HostGator & monthly billing

Well, HostGator has started offering monthly billing with no setup fee. The price is several dollars higher than if paid by the year, but this is a huge threat to us. How will RSP respond?

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
    Well, HostGator has started offering monthly billing with no setup fee. The price is several dollars higher than if paid by the year, but this is a huge threat to us. How will RSP respond?
    I shouldn't say anything as I and another member were flamed on this subject and one left and transferred his clients to another provider but... was hoping rsp would follow this trend to be competitive on a world wide market.... I now am waiting to see whats going to happen here to see what is going to happen with a market trend change NO Matter what some forum members have to say negative of it. VERY glad you posted this information

Comment

I am sure that company managers know about HostGator offering monthly billing, as they are watching the biggest companies in the web hosting industry pretty closely. However, as I said before, monthly billing for shared hosting plans is currently not a viable option for Resellers Panel.

Resellers Panel already offer monthly billing for services, where we feel it is possible to offer it, in particular for cPanel reseller plans, VPS, semi-dedicated and dedicated hosting plans.

Comment

Hi Milen,
        Do RSP plan to offer cPanel Reseller under reseller brand name?

Comment

Milen, do you know what the specific reasons are that monthly hosting is not viable for ResellersPanel?

Comment

I've been trying to ask that exact question myself, though not in the same way, for months now, but I never get a straight answer. I'd still like to hear a straight answer, though!

Comment

Indeed. Especially considering that monthly billing is viable for many other hosting businesses now, I am just confused as to what unusual aspect of RSP's business operations makes monthly payments unfeasible.

Comment

Originally posted by wjleong View Post
                Do RSP plan to offer cPanel Reseller under reseller brand name?
                Are you asking if cPanel reseller plans would be offered for resale through free reseller accounts? I am not aware of any plans to do so at the moment.

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
                Milen, do you know what the specific reasons are that monthly hosting is not viable for ResellersPanel?
                Resellers Panel was built with annual-based billing in mind from the start, introducing monthly billing for shared hosting plans could considerably disrupt the cash flow of the company affecting its financial position.

Comment

That might be true, but you did notice that hostGator was kinda in the same boat as you guys, right? I have a better idea.

How about offering a paid RSP plan? Not like CPanel, I mean the exact same thing as the Free Reseller plan (same look, same RCP, etc.), but with some added features the free version doesn't have, such us monthly billing for shared hosting? That would ease the disruption of the cash flow significantly, and still allow you to keep everything else the devs have been working hard to provide us with.

Just a suggestion

Comment

Originally posted by Milen View Post
                    Are you asking if cPanel reseller plans would be offered for resale through free reseller accounts? I am not aware of any plans to do so at the moment.
                    Yeah, that was what I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
                      That might be true, but you did notice that hostGator was kinda in the same boat as you guys, right? I have a better idea.

How about offering a paid RSP plan? Not like CPanel, I mean the exact same thing as the Free Reseller plan (same look, same RCP, etc.), but with some added features the free version doesn't have, such us monthly billing for shared hosting? That would ease the disruption of the cash flow significantly, and still allow you to keep everything else the devs have been working hard to provide us with.

Just a suggestion
                      Now that is an excellent suggestion Nova-Host and I for one will pay for it too! It could be added to the reseller control panel as a paid option like the dns cluster is right now. That would ease the financial burden off RP. I hope Milen suggests this one Excellent suggestion Nova
                      Last edited by doneritehosting; 25-01-2010, 11:11 PM. Reason: More Explanation

Comment

I put in a third vote for this suggestion. We pay for the Private DNS to help offset the cost - I am willing to do the same for monthly billing as well. I certainly don't want RSP to suffer financially!

Comment

Originally posted by Nova-Host View Post
                          Sure, I will pass the suggestion to the management of Resellers Panel. As always, I cannot guarantee that it would be accepted and implemented.

Comment

Thanks Milen, Appreciate that as always

Comment

Yes - Thanks Milen for all your work.

Comment

Working...
                              X