Affiliate Payments through Payoneer Debit Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affiliate Payments through Payoneer Debit Card

Wonder if there is any chance for RSP to join payoneer as a partner to pay the affiliates through the payoneer mastercard debit card.
    It would be a great improvement and an easier way to get our commissions

As you can see I have removed your affiliate link. I do hope your not using the forum to spam affiliate links! Personally by using a bitly link is a sure way for me NOT to click on it because its an attempt for people to "hide" links behind a shortened URL. In your case you are trying to hide the fact that the link is in fact an affiliate programme.

Anyway, rant over. Apart from you hoping to sign up RSP and profit from it, how would other forum members/resellers benefit from using Payoneer?

Comment

• doneritehosting
      doneritehosting commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL,
      I never had a problem with affiliate links as long as they are on topic.. Everyone has to make money somehow. Posting a hosting affiliate link say in a forum the topic is growing flowers I would frown on for sure. It's kinda a bold move for a new member with 7 posts though and I do frown on the fact of hiding an affiliate link. Gives the name "affiliate" a shady aspect.

I'm with clivejo, How would RSP and us as resellers benefit from using Payoneer? Any information besides a generic advertisement?
      Last edited by doneritehosting; 14-09-2013, 01:29 PM.

I can think of at least one benefit. We would be able to easier spend our money in the real world without having to move it from PayPal to our bank accounts. But that can be overcome also by getting a PayPal VISA card. The card with the lowest processing costs should win out.

Comment

first, it was not an affiliate link, if you cannot check that first pls do it next time
      second, im not a "new" member as someone said, check my reg date to know Im one of the oldest resellers at RSP even i do not participate in this forum
      third: if u dont know what payoneer is, then check their website and u will find that is a masterard debit card offered for free to anyone in the world that works as an affiliate or reseller, exactly what RSP offers. then, is the perfect way for affiliates to be paid avoiding the paypal fees and having the option for users to get their earnings in any ATM in the world. can be anything better? probably, but i dont know it yet
      may be paypal visa is ok too, but there is no chance to get that card unless u live in a specific country
      does it make sense now?

Comment

Originally posted by boomp View Post
        first, it was not an affiliate link, if you cannot check that first pls do it next time
        I see enough of these types of things to know when I see an affiliate link! Believe me, I do check links, all the time!!! By appending '+' to your link I can see the full URL and information about the link. Try it and see. You will see the full URL ends in

Code:
        /a/clk/3GT3MD
        Where 3GT3MD is the unique affiliate code. This is used to track the clicks and generate commission for the poster of the link! I can also see that the link has been clicked mostly Don't get me wrong I’m not saying your directly involved in this. You probably just sharing a link that was provided to you, but someone somewhere is profiting from people clicking on that link!

Comment

• doneritehosting
          Editing a comment
          Good info there clivejo, I didn't know you could do that. Thanks

I have no problem with the discussion on Payoneer as an alternate payment method. In fact I personally encourage the discussion and wish to learn more.

Comment

I believe that I also expressed interest in the discussion. If its a better pay system than paypal I'm all for it. My bad that I did not look at your join date rather the amount of posts, my apologies extended for that slip boomp Tell the truth I just looked at their website, in particular this page http://www.payoneer.com/PayoutsWebBased.aspx and if the company can deliver it looks promising, especially if the mastercard can be branded with the resellers site name and web url. Better than a business card.

I'll +1 this to be checked into
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 15-09-2013, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I third the use of Payoneer. I would also like to say that I see nothing wrong with anyone trying to make a profit from posting affiliate links on the forum. If it is pertinent to the topic and the spirit of the forum it should not be considered spam just because someone can make money by helping others. I also hate spam, but online marketing 101 states that one of the best ways to promote your wares is to join forums, participate in conversations, and only suggest using your products when it will be truly helpful and relevant. This post was.

PS: I have also been a RSP Reseller for a while, yet on the forum I feel as if I am being treated like an outsider. My first sale was on Feb 16, 2010, and it took me a few months to get that. Yes my join date says May 2012, but that was due to an error in the system that counted my signature links as spam, and they had to re-sign me up. It's hard for me to talk about anything but business on the site, since we don't have a section for sci-fi enthusiast....
            Last edited by iads; 15-09-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• doneritehosting
              Editing a comment
              Iads,
              I don't consider you an outsider and am grateful you are here. I also tend to agree with how you feel about affiliate links in general. Like I said above everyone has to make money and most affiliate programs pay out reliable. I prefer to keep affiliate links in my signature though unless I'm in a forum that's dedicated to advertising, that's just me and not a general rule of thumb to follow so to speak.

General Chat ought to cover sci-fi too. I dont visit it much because no one hardly posts in it, but if you are going to start posting sci-fi there thats about to change Also maybe yan or tom would be willing to create you a subtopic under general chat.
              Last edited by doneritehosting; 15-09-2013, 06:39 PM.

Originally posted by iads View Post
            I would also like to say that I see nothing wrong with anyone trying to make a profit from posting affiliate links on the forum. If it is pertinent to the topic and the spirit of the forum it should not be considered spam just because someone can make money by helping others. I also hate spam, but online marketing 101 states that one of the best ways to promote your wares is to join forums, participate in conversations, and only suggest using your products when it will be truly helpful and relevant. This post was.
            We will have to agree to disagree on that one. Firstly, its against the Terms and Conditions.

Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed.
            Secondly, its hard to draw the line. Suppose another hosting company come on this forum (which they do, all the time) and tries to advertise to members, then in my opinion that is spam. Even thought the topic here is about webhosting and they might be offering a better deal/value for money to RSP services. I disagree with forcing adverts for products or services into peoples faces. I’ve seen too many forums degenerate into a mass of spam posts, which leads to the lost of regular members who don't want to wander through spam.

The use of shortened URL's is a common tactic used by spammers to 'hide' links in a short URL. On the other hand if the original post put forward a debate or discussed the advantages about the alternate payment and made it clear the link was an affiliate link then I would have probably let it go, but it wasn’t.
            Last edited by clivejo; 15-09-2013, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Well clivejo, stepping beyond the affiliate methods, Have you checked out payoneer? What are your thoughts on it?

Comment

• clivejo
                clivejo commented
                Editing a comment
                I have checked it out and I'm in two minds. The idea is nice, who wouldn’t want an easy way to spend your commission, but I’m not convinced on that particular company. My concerns are hidden fees which eat away at your cash.

I once had a store card that offered what I thought was a good deal. You earned points and could cash them in and then spend them in-store. My plan was to save the points up (there was a limit on the number of points you had to collect before it was converted to cash). What I didn’t realize was that the card had an admin fee deduced each month. So my points where being eatten away and I could never reach the 'cash in' goal !!! Total rip off!! Needless to say that particular store got told where to stick their "loyalty card" and I never used the store again!

I later learned the real reason for a "loyalty card" is to build a customer profile on your spending habits, so they can target you with adverts. Nothing to do with saving you money!

The fee just to top up the card is 7.5% !! (See screenshot below)

How is my foreign exchange (FX) rate determined? Foreign exchange conversion rates are determined at the time of transfer, using rates of 2% - 2.75% above the official mid-market rates.

The card currency is in US$ as I would be using it in the UK and Ireland, I would be charged an additional "foreign transaction fee" !!

How can I minimize cash withdrawal and ATM related fees?
              • Select your ATM carefully. You may be subject to fees set by the ATM network/bank you are withdrawing from. These fees vary from bank to bank.
              • Consolidate your ATM usage by withdrawing the maximum allowed by your Payoneer card and the ATM. For example, a $3.00 fee on a $100 withdrawal costs 3% of your hard-earned cash. A $250 withdrawal would only cost you 1.2%
              • Do not try to withdraw more than your card account balance from an ATM. You will be charged a fee for the failed transaction. Make sure to calculate the total fees prior to withdrawing the funds.

Source : http://www.payoneer.com/faq.aspx

For these reasons, I am out !

-1 from me!
              Last edited by clivejo; 17-09-2013, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
                The fee just to top up the card is 7.5% !! (See screenshot below)
                OMG !!!!!!!!!!
                you are using the direct loader instead of the partner version, not only that.... the screenshot u posted is for a 200$ load with a usd 7.5 fee, which is 3.75% (not 7.5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

so let me explain the numbers: when a partner pays to payoneer users through the US payment service which is a standard bank account in USA given by payoneer to every user in adition to the card, they charge 1% of the transfered amount
                then u can use it as any mastercard to pay or buy, and also get the money from any ATM
                cost to buy with the card is around 2.5 - 3% of the cost, and when withdrawing from ATM is ussually 4%
                in fact, the numbers when using the ATM is 1.8% + 3.15 usd, so it impacts more in small extractions, so better to get the max possible at the ATM

and btw, there is no obligation to choose it, if RSP wants to use payoneer then affiliates are free to choose it or not
                if u ask me, i would choose it in no time replacing paypal since the cost to get the money from paypal are larger than payoneer:
                paypal fee (no masspayment at RSP!!! how is this possible?) + asking for a check (another $11 for paypal) + bank commissions in my country (min usd 18 to cash a check). total: $35 to get the money in the pocket
                do the math !!

Comment

• clivejo
                  clivejo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I apologize. Yes, I thought I had entered an amount of $100 dollars and the fee was $7.50, this lead me to believe the fee was 7.5%. You are quite right, the fee in the screen capture is half that, which is 3.75%

Ugh, $35 overhead to get your commissions in pocket? Just curious boomp what country are you operating out of? Also Under these circumstances would it be going overboard to suggest possibly investigating a cheaper payout solution for whatever country boomp is operating out of? Even if its not payoneer maybe a happy medium can be found to help him and others.
                Last edited by doneritehosting; 20-09-2013, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Something that has always baffled me is that RSP is a UK registered company, but set their prices are in US dollars, including commission. By all this converting of currency and market rates fluctuating, how do they calculate the Sterling or Euro equivalent? If I ordered services from Mr Doneright and paid via my credit card, it would be cheaper than ordering it in Sterling!

Comment

• doneritehosting
                    Editing a comment
                    Never brought it up myself but yes that is curious. Good question clivejo. Maybe yan will be kind enough to comment.

• clivejo
                    clivejo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Firstly, I'm not "getting up in in your grill", I'm just trying to understand the logic. If you have a UK data centre, are a Nominet registrar, also registered as a UK company, why convert all prices to US$, so that people from the UK are stung twice by the greedy banks!

Surely it would be far more economical to transfer you the amount in £STG straight into your UK bank account by something like a standing order. Cut out all the middle men skimming off X% here and there and everywhere !!
                Working...
                X