Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Interested In a Mobile Version of their Reseller site?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Interested In a Mobile Version of their Reseller site?

I'm interested in finding out how many resellers that are active with their sites are exploring mobilizing their reseller sites.

I have been a reseller with RP a few months and I am surprised that RP is not interested in mobilizing their reseller sites. Ever viewed a reseller site on a mobile device? Trust me, they are not mobile optimized.

1 out of 7 visitors are mobile and that number is going to increase exponentially over the coming months. Google is serious about this and confirmed it by buying mobile properties and giving Google love to sites that are mobile optimized.

Don't know about you but I don't see many people carrying around desktop computers - but I do see lots of iPhone's, Blackberry's, Androids, iPads. Just makes sense that RP should move in this direction or at the very least make it possible for resellers to add code to a server file that redirects mobile visitors to mobile sites that resellers can create on their own.

Who else is interested in capturing mobile visitors. Any thoughts?

Dave

You have to consider many things :

1. Reseller Site become mobile site.
    2. Then when users wanna sign up a plan.
    3. Your sign up form should be mobilize too.
    4. Payment gateway should be mobilize.

Somemore, mobile screen size too small, very difficult to read the whole site, especially difficult in filling up the form and go through payment gateway.

I personally don't think mobile site is good for reseller site.

You can use API to design your own mobile site and share your experience with us on how good it is.

Comment

Hello,

I must agree with wjleong here. Mobile sites are great don't get me wrong, but mobile reseller hosting sites are a completely different thing.
      I haven't heard of anyone wanting to buy a hosting plan though his mobile device in all my years here with RSP.
      The websites contain a very large volume of information which will be hard to digest on a mobile device even a tablet.

Whether you see someone caring a laptop, a PC, a ipad, blackberry or whatever device you can think of is not the point. How many people would buy a hosting package of a mobile device. That is the real question and the answer to that in my opinion is close to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
        Hello,

I must agree with wjleong here. Mobile sites are great don't get me wrong, but mobile reseller hosting sites are a completely different thing.
        I haven't heard of anyone wanting to buy a hosting plan though his mobile device in all my years here with RSP.
        The websites contain a very large volume of information which will be hard to digest on a mobile device even a tablet.

Whether you see someone caring a laptop, a PC, a ipad, blackberry or whatever device you can think of is not the point. How many people would buy a hosting package of a mobile device. That is the real question and the answer to that in my opinion is close to zero.
        I dont know exactly what to say to that. I have the atrix 4g android and I take care of all my online banking and and have paid all of my online bills at one time or the other with it even resellers panel. I find my mobile device invaluable when on the move I'm using it now

Comment

To clarify... Mobile presence is growing.. No you are not gonna have hosting orders happen on a flip phone or anything of the sort, however current android, Iphone and Ipads are a different story and potential clients use them to search and surf the web on their day jobs (no desktop). what they search is what interests them of course. The three platforms have full web browsers of course but mobile sites with optimized graphics and perhaps no flash would be speedier

Comment

I hear you. I have a tablet myself and I also find it invaluable, however I am not finding the browsing experience comfortable enough to be able to research something in depth (such as hosting for example).
            For instance when I am trying to find a product I want to buy I am opening up 10-12 tabs with search results from Google and I find it difficult to navigate that on a tablet and lets be honest about it tablet browsing is a waste of time if you have a desktop near you.

Sure if you are stuck somewhere and you have nothing to do tablet will certainly appeal to you.

While I am sharing my point of view here lets get back to the hosting stores. I would never buy a hosting account out of my tablet (let alone phone).

Strangely enough the average Joe does not find it comfortable enough to purchase hosting through a tablet either although statistics say about 20% of "Black Friday" shopping was done through mobile devices.

To sum up all I use the tablet for everything else but the serious stuff

Of course we offer API solutions if you want to give it a go and do a mobile web-store.

Comment

Originally posted by yav0r View Post
              The keyword here is "of" as in "buy a hosting package of a mobile device". If you change that word to "through" then the whole meaning changes. I have used my laptop at a clients location to order a hosting account for them. Does that not put me in the category of using a "mobile device" to purchase hosting. If I had used an ipad or a smart phone to do the same would that not constitute a "purchase through a mobile device".

With the proliferation of tablets, and smart phones I think it would be short-sighted to dismiss them off-hand. And this is coming from the guy who once said, "The internet is a waste of time." How wrong I was! Mobile computing is becoming more and more popular and I see people using their smart phones for browsing all the time. It was through browsing that I first learned about RSP.

It is not a question of how many people would buy hosting through a mobile device today, but a question of how many people would be using a mobile device to effect a purchase tomorrow?

Comment

Pardon my English Nick,

The word was supposed to be "buy off" as a I will buy something off you. The phrasal is usually used in the negative way Like a synonym of bribe or secure improper cooperation.

Since browsing through a laptop and a mobile device such as a phone or an tablet is completely different (and in fact has little in common otherwise there would be no need of mobile websites in the first place). And in that sense no that does not put you in the same category.

As I already mentioned I am not dismissing anything here. I am just saying that if I want to do some serious digging in a specified area or to research something thoroughly I would NOT use a phone or a tablet.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and thus I feel necessarily to repeat myself once again: that is why we have an API which can be used by resellers so that they can create a mobile version of their web-stores.

Comment

I'm throwing a vote in favor of mobile sites. My iPhone and iPad comprise 80%+ of my Web browsing, including making purchases of any product or service I need, managing banking, writing emails, etc. I rarely use my laptop except when I need to type a long document.

I agree with doneritehosting that the lack of mobile sites will prove short-sighted the further into the future we move. I have indeed purchased hosting and a range of other services over a mobile device. I order pizza on my mobile device. I bank on my mobile device. I don't think I'm an exception to the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stealthy One View Post
                    I'm throwing a vote in favor of mobile sites. My iPhone and iPad comprise 80%+ of my Web browsing, including making purchases of any product or service I need, managing banking, writing emails, etc. I rarely use my laptop except when I need to type a long document.

I agree with doneritehosting that the lack of mobile sites will prove short-sighted the further into the future we move. I have indeed purchased hosting and a range of other services over a mobile device. I order pizza on my mobile device. I bank on my mobile device. I don't think I'm an exception to the rule.
                    Same here Stealthy, there's just no point in luggin a laptop around anymore unless you are into serious stuff like vlasi (web development) and are going to develop on the move, that definately is best suited on a laptop. A serious portion of the visitors to my blog are on a mobile platform and I am looking into a mobile version of the site because some of them are on older phones and the Iphone does not support flash... Been waiting around to see if html 5 takes off. If it does I will alleviate the flash off my site. Yea android supports flash but its laggy even on dual core somewhat (at least it is on my atrix 4g) I suspect memory shortage to be the culprit there rather than not enough hardware horsepower Anyhow overall even though new mobile platforms have full browsers (some flash) I'd say a mobile optimized site would make for a more rich experience.

Comment

I put my vote in for mobile sites as well. As long as other hosts have them, then it's oviously worthwhile.

And I also put in a vote for new regular site templates where site text boxes are complete blank so we can input our own text.

Comment

Same here. The market is leaning towards mobile browsing. I see a lot of wireless network companies closed down because of this.

Comment

Working...
                        X