MySQL database 'AUTO' backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySQL database 'AUTO' backup

I recently accessed a clients cpanel with another host in order to create a WPress website for them. When I created a MySQL database their system opened a window which gave options to pre-set database back ups automatically.

You could tick a box if you wanted daily, weekly or monthly database backups to be archived on the server automatically.

I think this would be a great improvement to our Hepsia control panel - which [if I am not mistaken] only offers manual backups of MySQL database - which then only keeps one backup for that date.

This would solve a lot of problems for clients with WPress sites after updating Wordpress without backing up first. They would not need to contact support to request a database backup restoration - they could access the auto archived copies themselves to restore.

Interested to receive others comments/support and feedback from RSP on this!

That was actual cpanel index? What script installer is being used (is it custom written by the company or industry standard)? Yes this feature would be a great addition to rsp's script installer in my opinion (just my 2 cents lol).

Comment

It would be a useful tool to have access to. Being a total control freak I like to see the actual backup file and even have it emailed to myself, to be sure, to be sure.

As far as I know RSP keep daily backups of the whole hosting account. If you were to corrupt the DB, just open a ticket to support and ask for it to be restored from a previous backup. This takes a lot of the worry away from resellers.

If your still not convinced, you could install WP Security (or another plugin which does the same job) and configure it to email you the database on a regular bases.

Comment

Strangely I have noticed a new option in my Hepsia CP, under the Advanced section, I now have a Dropbox Backup button. Clicking it brings me into a section allowing me to backup my files and databases to a drop box account.

Seamlessly backup your website with Dropbox. All you have to do is connect your hosting account with your Dropbox account. Our smart system will do the rest and backup the sites and MySQL bases you have chosen on regular intervals.

Note: remember to monitor the available space in your Dropbox account. If you don't have enough space available, we will not be able to back up your website.
        Anyone tested this out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by clivejo View Post
          Strangely I have noticed a new option in my Hepsia CP, under the Advanced section, I now have a Dropbox Backup button. Clicking it brings me into a section allowing me to backup my files and databases to a drop box account.

Anyone tested this out yet?

Mmmmmm! - seems you are getting special treatmet again clivejo - lol That feature is not in my Hespia panel on AU or US accounts that I can see - :-(

Comment

• doneritehosting
            doneritehosting commented
            Editing a comment
            Its not on my US based vps yet either..

• clivejo
            clivejo commented
            Editing a comment
            I am often told that I'm special !! I only noticed it in this past few days. I haven’t had time to experiment with it, but I will some of these days!! I'm curious on how it works though and it looks promising.

Hi guys.

Yep, this sounds like a great idea.

I have forwarded to our Developers.

Will get back to you ASAP.

clivejo, the Dropbox backup system is flawlessly working, we have tested it many times.

It is working for the Shared Hosting Accounts as well for the Hepsia based VPS Servers.

index.html, you should have that option as well.

Let me know the Hosting Account Username and I will check this further.

BR,
          Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Alexander View Post
          Hi guys.

index.html, you should have that option as well.

BR,
          Tom.
          Hi Tom,

Yep - found it. I was looking under Advanced Tab [ following clivejo's post] but its under the Files tab in my shared account.

Only problem is - the HELP tab does not seem to open any help files - so I am a bit in the dark on exactly how to set it up and use it.

Is that just my control panel playing up?

Comment

• doneritehosting
            doneritehosting commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here.. Looks kinda like it sets up like a facebook app for wordpress in hespia index. I'm gonna setup a free account this afternoon after the workday, I'll post back with results.

Well dropbox setup is pretty easy, you can even create a new dropbox account from hespia. With a free account you get 2gb of space so it costs nothing to try it or for sites under 2gb. You select the domain you want to backup along with the associated sql database(s) associated with the domain and select how many backups at one time you wish to keep in your dropbox. Hespia itself is supposed to keep up with backing your site up automatically.. Real Slick and easy to use RSP. Big thumbs up on this. Tom if I missed anything please clarify
          100gb of backup space is also not that expensive so it is something to consider if you are hosting client accounts on a vps.

One question of the service though, will Imap email be added as a backup option in the future?
          Last edited by doneritehosting; 02-10-2013, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by index.html View Post
            I was looking under Advanced Tab [ following clivejo's post] but its under the Files tab in my shared account.
            Sorry my bad!! It was in the Advanced section of my "home page" in the Control Panel. Makes more sense to be in Files menu!

Comment

Hi Guys.

Unfortunately this idea will be hard to implement and would cause much greater server load, therefore will not be possible at this time.

As you know we keep backups for both - Files and Databases for 7 days, if the Hosting Account does not exceed the Backup limit of 5GB.

Also the Dropbox can backup the needed content on demand.

BR,
              Tom.

Comment

Working...
              X