Re: Migration of SupCenter300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Migration of SupCenter300

Seems I do not have the ability to reply to the original post, so I'll put it here.

The forum I have on my site using the Sydney server was loading in 0.435 seconds. Since the migration, it is now loading in 0.035 seconds.

There seems to be a marked improvement in speed.

I haven't been a member long enough to know the story behind the server problems, but whatever the reason it was moved seems to have been a good decision.

Originally posted by Graeme View Post
    Seems I do not have the ability to reply to the original post, so I'll put it here.

The forum I have on my site using the Sydney server was loading in 0.435 seconds. Since the migration, it is now loading in 0.035 seconds.

There seems to be a marked improvement in speed.

I haven't been a member long enough to know the story behind the server problems, but whatever the reason it was moved seems to have been a good decision.
    Indeed the speed performance has vastly increased due to the better connectivity in/out of the new datacenter. The problem with the old server was actually the old datacenter. We have been looking around for a better provider in Australia for quite a while now and we are all glad we finally migrated away from them.

Comment

Nice. So have you totally abandoned your old datacenter? I'm not sure if you are able to answer this but which old data center?

Comment

Hello,

The old datacenter is called Global Switch. The shared hosting servers have been removed from there.
        Some of our VPS machines are still there so, no we have not severed all connections with that one yet (but we are working on it .

Comment

Working...
        X